Zaskar, in need of TLC and ID!

StimCity

Dirt Disciple
http://tinyurl.com/4bc7x73

Here's my girl, not going to stop until she's keeping up with today's beasts.

If the forks are US I'm thinking Bomer Z2s .

Somewhere I think I have some new condition XT Thumbshifters and the grips, seat etc go without saying.

I dont just want a piece of history, I want something to ride!

Any group set ID's or advice would be well appreciated.

J.

Nice :cool: , cant go wrong with XT kit, the dead bombers can be rebuilt, CRC stock seals and bushes, they are simple internals with coil springs and oil bath damping, do you know what year the frame is ?, i'm guessing its a 93/94 ?, looks like a 16" too.

[EDIT] Just looked at the pic again, those are Rock Shox Judys you have, dont know much about those, probably about correct period for the frame though.

1994 or newer, as its got the welded on brake cable guides not the pop rivet plate guide. possibly 1995, spec looks very similar to mine. those rock shox judy xc forks might come up fine with some TLC, mine run coil springs and a aftermarket cartridge, they work fine for a 17 year old bike. Z2 are a really nice fork. they are quite heavy though. but they do have a fantastic suspension action, superior to judy in every way. the serial numbers will tell the true story of its year of manufacture, they are on the face of the rear dropout plates.

Bit of an update...

The frame is residing next to my desk at work ready for a good stripping.

I need to plan what I intend to do in advance as when I last rode it I remember finding it a bit small (6’). However, I recently tried a new Spesh Camber and the Medium seemed surprisingly right. I definitely want a bike to ride again, this one has been abused in the trust of a friend (was supposed to be in his garage, was in his leaky shed). I've binned the tyres (crazed and hardened), Megabite and Smoke and am now considering whether to just polish up or get it painted. There’s a fair bit of obvious usage from the chain ;).

The frame is indeed a 16, as stamped on the outside of the rear dropout, the other side has 6061 and the frame ID is: 03940889.

More as it comes.

Back