Your Worst eBay Bike Purchase?

Ebay

Extremes really, bought a Spesh ground control that was totally wrecked when I got it home, the bushes were totally seized and the linkage had chewed through the frame! I took it up with the seller, who had claimed to be a cycle mechanic in the ad, but was actually a Copper!!! which was worse still, he wouldn't budge, so I told him what I thought, then I stripped all the bits off and sold it split and got most of my money back. On the other hand, bought a new King Ti headset for £25!! thats a £200 headset. It was badly listed and I was the only bidder! arrived the day following the end of the auction. On average I just take the rough with the smooth.

Gonna sound like whinging (and not very retro either), but just received an XT non-disc hub from the 'Bay. Was advertised as new, but got it to find that it has been fitted into a wheel (spoke marks clear) and skewer scratched kinda like when a bike has been dropped or leant up against a wall.

Only paid a fiver for it, so not going to say anything as it is not worth getting into a feedback fight and the item is still a bargain in its condition, but this is sooooooooooo annoying.

Grump grump grump

And I went out yesterday to discover that I am an unfit fat knacker, grump.

Not quite ebay but bought a road bike from a car boot sale - on closer inspection, it was so bad that I couldnt bring myself to put it in the car. So, parked up near some shops, rode up, bought a drink and left the bike.

It looked at me like I'd left a puppy tied up, I swear....

on closer inspection, it was so bad that I couldnt bring myself to put it in the car.

this from the skip diving champion of Retrobike........it must've been bad ;)

Back