Your favourite owned bike and why?

Either my 1995 Softride DX because it was so unique (and I loved the ride), my 1997 Gary Fisher Supercaliber or my 1998 Oryx Gold. Hard to decide. But I guess my newly acquired Ritchey P-22 will be my favorite bike ever once I actually ride it.

Tough call, I end up liking all the bikes that pass through my hands :oops:

I'll never sell my Kona Hot though...letting one go was hard enough ;)

My favorite had to be the Mongoose IBOC comp. I was 14 and remember seeing it in MBUK tested against a marin bear valley and a kona cindercone. I went everywhere on it. It certainly wasn't the most exotic bike i've ever owned but it got the most use.

The most disapointing bike was the pace rc200. After 15 years of wanting one i finally found the bike of my dreams and it just didn't live up to my expectation at all. Folks say the frames are stiff and positive, they are but you could see the bottom bracket part of the frame flexing when really pushing on the cranks. It got stolen and i was gutted but not that gutted.

This proflex 856 is turning out to be quite some machine.

my favourite bike is my cove stiffee, its in bits at the moment, safe in the attic. its a singlespeed version, we have done thousands of miles together, had thousands of smiles, we work as a team. spent about 5 years perfecting the components on it, balancing bling with reliability and feel, and a happy balance was only tarnished by broken raceface turbines on the last ride we had together. and the turbines are my favourite components, they have a lifetime warranty so i can send them back. but i wont send them back, i like these ones, the memories are so good.

i will never sell this one.

That would have to be the Yo Eddy, even after getting into road riding I looked for the closest road equivalent (IMO) after several bikes and ended up with a Pegoretti Marcelo, no slouch either, same read your mind handling and fast feeling. The Yo is being resprayed, should be a good job after 4 months in the shop...

my dave yates donkis knob.........fillet brazed steel and xt loveliness.......topped off with a no nonsense silver/grey manitou one fork and xt thumbies.......not just food.......

Without a moment's hestitation, this one:

all-timefavoritebike1.jpg

The fact that I fell in lust with it back when I was all passion and no pennies, dreamed of owning it for 17 years, found it hammered and un-loved, brought it back to life, and now ride it hard like I would have all those years ago....

let's just say, with all the cool stuff in my garage, this is the one that they'll have to pry from my fingers. ;)

Steve

My Boulder Starship. I always liked the ride of single pivot bikes with long top tubes. It has a lot of sentimental reasons to it as well. It climbed better than my Zaskar LE and for a short travel bike it handled the rough DH stuff pretty good too. It was a time when I had a bit of spare cash (those were the days) and I managed build a bike from scratch.

It had all the bits I liked: I got a Ti frame with upgraded rear shock (from the standard Risse Geneses to larger volume Clyde Glide), red King headset, red Marzocchi DH3s (modified from air/oil to spring/air/oil), the new M950 XTR deraliers, red TWP levers with Magura Tomac rim brakes, Bullseye cranks and hubs (black and silver) and Avenir Ti bars and bar ends.

Gotta be my 87 Wicked Fat Chance 'Auld Faithful'. I still love it to bits and can't wait for fairer weather to get back out on it. Loving my new Moots too but that don't count because its a modern.

Back