Your favourite bike tool.

Easy: Gerber CoolTool.

Mine must be 20 years old & still intact (plus the optional headset spanner).
It does everything from spoke key to chain splitter to crank bolts. It's not the "best" tool in the word for any of those purposes, but it's the one most likely to be in my bag & it's been all over the world.

Apparently, it was designed by Robert Seals, the founder of Retrotec - You learn something new every day.

http://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=Cool+Tool

poweredbypies":3fbwc740 said:
My wide jaw bahco adjustable spanner. Not strictly a bike tool but does sooooo many jobs.

I have one of those. They are awesome.
Have bought a lot of Swedish tools lately, including one lovely Gransfors Bruks Splitting Axe. (Now my new favourite non bike tool).

:D

Gerber tool is a must for any outing... Back in the day I couldn't live without my trusty Y Wrench... absolute must for setting up Canti brakes... tightening cable pinch bolts and toeing in brake blocks... absolute breeze...!

An early 20th century wood chisel.1" wide and made of cast steel.the whole blade is quite thin and hones up at 8000 grit Japanese to a mirror finished wicked shape edge.I only used it for cleaning up dovetails.

Bikey tools is a Mercedes Benz spanner i found in the gutter cycling along one day,Its 10mm/8mm and ideal for the 2 sizes on hopes C2's :D

Wouldnt mind a pair of these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KNIPEX-MULTIG ... 2c6518f841

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
dyna-ti":1wxhfycj said:
Bikey tools is a Mercedes Benz spanner i found in the gutter cycling along on day,Its 10mm/8mm and ideal for the 2 sizes on hopes C2's :D

Now you mention it I used to have a BMW spanner from my mum's old 2002 toolkit that had a kink in the end... perfect for pedals, no crushed knuckles against the cranks...!

Back