You lot are a complete set of utter !@#t$, b@5/@rds et al!!

Tiger6791

Dirt Disciple
There I was happy in my 30's just got a new Rockhopper to get fit and back into mountain biking and I stumble across this site by accident.

Bloody memories,

I now want my old bike back that I bought new when I was 16 with hard earned milk round money.

A lovely Trek 8000 (age minus 16 makes it 1992 vintage). I upgraded that bike with a Flex Stem, Deore XT bits and XT over the top thumbies, Onza bar ends, Handlebars that were as narrow as school ruler, White Onza porcupines etc. Saturday mornings all my spending money got spent at Chevin Cycles. Panaracer Smokes, Farmer Johns, his Cousin, his dog, his best mates uncles cat etc. Anodised X-Lite skewers, Hi-gear corner frame bag/shoulder pad thing.

How the hell do I get that bike back???

Well I suppose I just go get it out of my Dads garage and tell my Mum she doesn't have a bike to use any more.

You're a mean lot!!!

Now I had no idea these old bikes were worth anything, I have a mate who has a Kona Fire Mountain same age, a friend who bought one of the very first Giants to hit the UK and a friend with a square framed Pace. I bet anything like me they are all in there Dads shed gathering dust.

If you find the Pace - I'll have it off yer for £50 :LOL:

welcome to the club, hope you've got more money these days!! You'll need it!

god, 2 Land Rovers! I had one and that was bad enough! It used up more money than diesel (and that was saying something!)

Tiger6791":2190czqa said:
Got 2 Land Rovers and a Boat don't need another money pit!!

Too late you're here :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Better start thinking of :

a) Excuses for buying things
b) Places to hide things from the wife
c) How to fund the inevitable addiction ;)

I just 'popped in' here in September after discovering a link off EvilBay......and I'm still here.....poor, but I now have:
a smooth looking RTS,
a new Avalanche,
a shed full of bits,
been on a couple of RB rides,

and loads of new friends :D

Its great here, so welcome ;)

Same here, stumbled upon this place looking for a cable hanger in October. Now building my 5th bike and working the streets to pay for my habbit. Its like the Hotel bloody California mate..

Run now, save yourself!!

Dr S":711j97s5 said:
Its like the Hotel bloody California mate.

You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave! :LOL:

Htelcal.jpg

Don

Latest posts

Back