You all ride rubbish bikes!

Tazio

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
And so do I.

This months MBUK has a letter in it from some one talking about building up an old bike for fun and talking about the "current" retro craze. The letters editor replies by saying that it's great fun to build up old bikes as it reminds you how bad bikes used to be.

This from a magazine that seems to think you need to spend at least £1500 to get something half decent and hardtails are a bit underwhelming.

I'm enjoying my time on crap bikes personally and sure as hell don't have the money for a state of the art modern.

well, tbh, mbuk is still as shit now as it was back then. we only like reading old mbuks cos we like the old bikes and adverts. new ones are only worth recycling lol

longun":1s78u9pi said:
well, tbh, mbuk is still as shit now as it was back then. we only like reading old mbuks cos we like the old bikes and adverts. new ones are only worth recycling lol

I only bought it as it had a free waterproof phone pouch :oops:

Thats OK. Thats the editors opinion. He has a right to an opinion.
So do I. MBUK is shit.

Glorious day outside. Go and ride your rubbish old bikes with pride!

They are in business to be salesmen. They work for the marketing men and advertisers. Any salesman will tell you that this year's model puts last year's model in the shade, and as for a ten year old model, well, you can't be serious, can you?

That's fine, that's what they do, everybody has to make a living somehow. But why take any notice of what a salesman says?

Flicked through one recently, it had a test on 'Entry level hardtails for £1500'. Since when was £1500 entry level ! They are effectively saying a £500 or a £1000 by a decent manufacturer is a BSO.

after some thought, i think i have discovered the correct mbuk-level response

"your mum's a rubbish bike"

shall we all write into mbuk with this?

Back