Yeti build thread. Not in the wrong section.

I'll admit. I cheated and read up to page 4. Then went backwards from page 19.

And having seen you started out with a bike that had tri spokes and gold stanchions,
YES I ACTUALLY THOUGHT THIS WAS YOUR FULL SIZE 1:1 BIKE!🤭😅

And it was only when I saw that the surface texture on that last zoomed in picture, I thought "waaait a minute!".😳
Impressive.😲
Thanks Synchronicity.

Even my phone gets confused about the photos. Every so often it throws up suggested "similar shots" and it can't tell the difference between the real one and the model one.

In other news, today's lunch break adventure...

Screenshot 2024-05-07 123620.png

Retro stablemate with 2.1 Z-Max coming soon...

And by soon, I mean geologically speaking.

How did I miss this? That was a seriously good 20 pages. You have skills!
Thanks Iwasgoodonce.

Slow progress, but progress nonetheless, is being made on the Z-Max-tyred stablemate. I'm juggling about four or five different projects at the moment, but keep getting drawn towards another little bicycle.
I was going to start a new thread for it, possibly in the readers' bikes section so more people might notice it. Having people watch it progress was a good motivator to get the Yeti finished.
Does anyone have a problem with me putting it in the readers' bike section? What with it not technically being a real bike?

Meanwhile, this has been happening...

IMG_20240919_121124470.jpg

Just a quarter section to check fit size and alignment of knobs (fnaar).
Need to tighten up the spacing a bit.
The tricky part with the Z-Max compared to the Trail Kings on the Yeti is that the tread crosses the centre line of the tyre. I've had to split the Z-shaped blocks to enable moulding, so need to incorporate a keyed register to line the two sides up once they are cast. Otherwise the chance of all of the Zs lining up right is pretty much sod-all.

Back