Year of my TEAM RALEIGH bike??

Uppers11

Dirt Disciple
Does anyone know the year of this?? I've got it up for sale at £75 in the for sale section. Collection from Burton On Trent :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 383
Have a look on the back parallelogram plate of the dérailleur, back of the crank arms etc. All Shimano components have a model number, something like M739, where M7xx is XT, M6xx is SLX, M5xx is Deore etc. In any case, if you find some numbers you can then look them up and the component year and that will give you a good idea of the bicycle manufacture year.

See here: http://mombat.org/Shimano.htm

Here's the spec, I'll check for part numbers later see what I can find:
TEAM RALEIGH MENS MOUNTAIN BIKE!! 21.5inch hi-tensile steel frame built with: RALEIGH ATT23 FORK BLADE STAYS AND MAIN TUBES, 18 SUNTOUR ACCUSHIFT XCT THUMB SHIFT gears, SHIMANO v-brakes, LEE CHI alloy brake levers, SAKAE ROUND TECH XCT alloy crank set, SUNTOUR ACCUSHIFT XCT front and rear derailleurs, new seat fitted!!, quick release seat post, ITA REYNOLDS rigid front forks, 26inch RIGIDA front quick release alloy wheel, 26inch ALESA rear alloy wheel, 26x1.95 LHR tyres - NEW!!, MAILLARD front and rear hubs, front and rear reflectors fitted.

What year roughly do you think from that, any ideas? :)

Unless frame was build at Ilkington factory then serial number stamped at bottom bracket will reveal both factory, year, month and frame no. for that month.
My guess is that serial no. starts with a "W" which originally was Wokshop but after 1981 was Nottingham. Build by Special Division. Team bikes for 1989 had complete Suntour XCD 6000 so most probably this one is later. Serial no. will reveal

Its a 1990, I have the 1989 special products team rep, this model came out a year later to offer something more affordable in team colours than the dynatech team reps, there is also a 501 version too with a similar spec to the 1990 montage.

Carl

Back