Y2K Specialized Stumpjumper M2 Gulf blue - chicks dig (battle) scars edition ;)

I've been lurking for some time and just signed up.

Mamadirt, do you have tutorial or any tips on restoring graphics? I'm working on a S-Works M5, black with white 'outline' logos. I was going to leave the frame in patinaed condition, but I'm tempted to give the graphics a bit of a refresh.

Loving the 'Gulf' Stumpy. Will have to keep an eye out for progress.

I've been lurking for some time and just signed up.

Mamadirt, do you have tutorial or any tips on restoring graphics? I'm working on a S-Works M5, black with white 'outline' logos. I was going to leave the frame in patinaed condition, but I'm tempted to give the graphics a bit of a refresh.

Loving the 'Gulf' Stumpy. Will have to keep an eye out for progress.
I use standard artist's acrylic paint - water based so it's easy to color match and it can be gently t-cut to a shine. My hand is not as steady as it used to be 😂 so for the fine work on the forks I used a black fine-tip Sharpie (the lacquer coat should stop it disappearing at the first sign of a little grease 🤞).

Incidentally that matte lacquer ⬆️ has dried glossy 🤷 Not sure whether to recoat it with satin or leave it - we'll see how my accumulation of parts is progressing and how impatient I am when we return from the States at the end of August 😉

Back