Sorted XTR 902 1-1/4" threaded headset dust seal

Vesatoro

Cannondale Fan
Hi

Anyone has a plastic dust seal of XTR 902 laying around? I have a NOS headset, just missing one seal...

Vesa

as it happens I may, I bought some sometime back. I'd need to check if I'm right.
Please give me a kick, nudge if I've not responded for a while, I easily get sidetracked and forget.

Assuming part 6
1690894784684.png

When I had missing dust seals in an xt headset I got a piece of plastic sheet, drilled a hole into it then cut around that hole using a scroll saw so there was a 2mm thick plastic ring. Then I sanded down the inside edge so it would fit snugly then installed it. It worked quite well, actually.

When I had missing dust seals in an xt headset I got a piece of plastic sheet, drilled a hole into it then cut around that hole using a scroll saw so there was a 2mm thick plastic ring. Then I sanded down the inside edge
Yes, probably try that also if can’t find the part.

Further to the PM, I remembered I have a tendency to photo a lot of my stuff, so it is these I should have somewhere, posting here to compare that number again the list
20140427_124223_Android.jpg

And a better listing, so look like it is like I remember :)
View attachment 768418

Hello there! New member here :) Just found this thread as I am in a similar situation, having bought a NOS Deore LX headset with only one dust seal also. Found an eBay seller in Romania who stocks them but eBay won't let me purchase for regional tax reason, they say.
Would I be able to buy one of these through you? I would be so so grateful!

Hello there! New member here :) Just found this thread as I am in a similar situation, having bought a NOS Deore LX headset with only one dust seal also. Found an eBay seller in Romania who stocks them but eBay won't let me purchase for regional tax reason, they say.
Would I be able to buy one of these through you? I would be so so grateful!
I think that the LX was only made in 1” and 1-1/8”, not in 1-1/4”.

Latest posts

Back