XT Thumbie Spares. Pic added 11/1

elite504":d4mag57v said:
dude, from the pic, which bit is it. . it looks liek a whole thhumbie, or am I being daft. . . :?: ;)

Look at the top part( in relation to how the picture is taken) of the body of the shifter. There is a little metal tab that sticks out and its normally covered by a small nub of plastic.

angrytoaster":11i9iy8l said:
elite504":11i9iy8l said:
dude, from the pic, which bit is it. . it looks liek a whole thhumbie, or am I being daft. . . :?: ;)

Look at the top part( in relation to how the picture is taken) of the body of the shifter. There is a little metal tab that sticks out and its normally covered by a small nub of plastic.

That's the bit. Sorry I explained it so poorly. If these bits don't come off then I'd be interested in a knackered thumbie that has the plastic nub in place. :D

It's probably quite hard to focus a camera with three eyes as well......(couldn't resist).

Took a picture of the actual offending bit, if theres any confusion still.

and a free bump

Attachments

• DSCN0578.JPG
    DSCN0578.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 348
Hey, I was examining mine and Im not sure they pop on and off, I think yours mightve cracked. The good news is, it appears a set of xt thumbies is going to be going relatively cheap on the bay tonight.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _500wt_975

PM me if youre interested in these. If he wont allow UK bids I could bid for you and ship them from Los angeles.

Although, it does seem like alot of work for a little nubbie. Unless these happen to be nicer than yours?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the offer toaster but funds are limited at the moment so I might just have to make do untill a cheap broken one turns up. :(

Hi, sorry to hijack the thread somewhat, but I could be able to help out with the nubbie thing in theory, but I'm looking for a replacement XT top cap for the rear thumbie. If anyone can help me out, I may be able to help out here. Bought a spare rear thumbie to replace a broken one, so I could have an extra one if all is well.

Ian

Back