WTD: Super small frame and forks for daughters bike build

pencilman77

Retro Guru
Now the daughter is growing even taller, I'm hoping to build up a 26" wheel beast ready for summer. She is 9, so i want a super small frame and forks, I've already got a decent set of wheels and canti's sorted, just struggling to find a small enough frame! only finding the usual 17"+ stuff,
Anyone got anything smaller?

You particularly want retro old or could something more modern tempt you?

If so I have some that may be of interest.
See my sig for links to the Azonic DS1 I built for my boy and the work-in-progress Caygill for the girl. Both are post-98 but either would do the trick and take canti / v brakes, the Caygill especially would suit a young lady. Both quite different bikes but both small ~14" and for 26" wheels.

There is also a near-as-dammit new on-one inbred in small size (again, 14") that I'm lining up with the boy to replace the DS1, but thats a disc only setup I think. Would save me a job, he could keep the Azonic :D

Choice of forks available depending on budget/ colour/ brand loyalty.

Let me know if interested.

Hi Rick,

Your Caygill build was actually what inspired me to go down the "homebuild" route in the first place! although my daughter has decided she hates pink! :facepalm:
Tbh, something along the Azonic lines would probably fit her "tomboy" image perfectly!

Re:

I've got a 16" Proflex Reptile frame that's pretty small, would need new elastomers or a spring replacement. No forks though

Re: Re:

yakboy":vuk8tods said:
I've got a 16" Proflex Reptile frame that's pretty small, would need new elastomers or a spring replacement. No forks though

Thanks, but need a frame and fork combo only..

Re:

i have a Bontrager OR 13 c/c 15 c/t of seat tube its built now but will be stripping it this week it was my wifes
let me no if of any interest also has a rc30 fork on it

Latest posts

Back