WTD: Shimano Dura Ace first generation

Ingemann

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone,

i am looking for shimano dura ace 1st generation the black series.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Jacob

Hey, what exactly do you nned?

I have some used Dura-Ace parts, which I think are from 1976. These are
very well used - they will need a thorough clean and a service, and in some cases replacement small parts, but they seem to be mechanically sound.

I've got:

- Cranks with chain rings, rings are black and the fluting on the cranks is
filled in black

- A Crane rear derailleur, pulley wheels need replacing

- Front and rear hubs, 36 hole

- Brake callipers. Anodised black

- Brake levers, but very scratched

If you're interested in anything, let me know and I'll put up some photos.

Cheers,

Johnny

Hey Jacob,

Do you want to send me your email via PM, so I can send you the pictures?
Otherwise, I can post them on the forum. I'll try to sort the pictures tonight, otherwise I'll have to do it at the weekend.

Johnny

RE: 1st generation "Black" sidepull brakes

Hey,
Just happened to be cruising the web when I spotted your query/search for a set of Dura Ace 1st generation black anodized brakes. I just purchased a complete set with cable clips, levers, the whole nine yards. Grabbed em on eBay and were just delivered today. They are NOS and, from doing a quick lookover, I would rate them at 9.98/10. All they need is a little cleaning/polishing, regreasing with fresh grease. The only glaring shortcoming is the lever hoods which I've stripped off due to the fact that they were dried up and cracked from storage. I purchased these thinking they were a little longer reach than they appear to be. Anyway, I might be interested in parting with the set. Post a reply and perhaps we can trade emails.
Michael Guidry
Lafayette, LA

Back