wtd: rockshox judy xc springs 1996 era

Faghetaboutit

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi I recently bought some apparently nearly 'NOS' rock shox judy xc forks from the states, when the forks arrived they were in great cosmetic condition although when I opened them up the internal elastomers were sand and mush :roll: maybe they spent too long in the arizona sun!
Anyways I'm looking to replace them with some springs and I would like some firm ones (180lbs +) I've checked ebay but not seen anything- anyone got some they would like to sell?
Cheers

There are Wings and Kronos on ebay (and some elastomer kits) that you can buy. Not cheap though and from the states. So more import duties and more large shipping costs.

You shouldn't need the damper kit, just springs.

I've just spent 3 months at least having huge issues with "Mr Wings" which ended up with me going through paypal dispute to get the kit refunded.

It does not fit correctly and it certainly doesn't work as you would expect. Also the springs kits he is selling are too long to fit and are also useless.

He will not reply to either ebay messages or emails, I've had no contact from him in all this time. So trying to contact him for help is a waste of time.

I would urge anyone to avoid this seller and his parts at all costs.

Nem":22y57v6w said:
I've just spent 3 months at least having huge issues with "Mr Wings" which ended up with me going through paypal dispute to get the kit refunded.

It does not fit correctly and it certainly doesn't work as you would expect. Also the springs kits he is selling are too long to fit and are also useless.

He will not reply to either ebay messages or emails, I've had no contact from him in all this time. So trying to contact him for help is a waste of time.

I would urge anyone to avoid this seller and his parts at all costs.

Oh dear that doesn't sound very promising....... Hmm I might try and source some elastomers instead!

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... os+Springs

Send him a message to see if there are any others

Though to be fair you may be able to pick up some use JUDYs of the turn of the '00s era, they seem to go cheep and seem the springs seem to fit with a spacer bit here and there.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
FluffyChicken":1aasdgj7 said:
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=Kronos+Springs

Send him a message to see if there are any others

Though to be fair you may be able to pick up some use JUDYs of the turn of the '00s era, they seem to go cheep and seem the springs seem to fit with a spacer bit here and there.

I did exactly that when I was looking for mine. They didn't even reply to say thy had nothing, let alone anything helpful :(

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rock-Shox-Hydracoil ... 157wt_1139

That was the set of springs I finally ended up with. They are a firm weight which I needed and are 165mm in length which is 5mm shorter than what my medium Speed Springs were. They are also just the right outer diameter to fit in the Judys.

Only problem I has was that they don't taper in at the top to fit inside the top cap adjusters. So I ended up using a dremel to grind about 1mm from the outside of the top 30mm, which was mainly the paint / coating and some of the metal, but they now just fit in the top caps and work brilliantly.

So if you can find another set it might be easier than the actual springs for that model.

Back