WTD - Old/worn out bottom bracket

pedalcentre

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hi,

I dropped my frame off at the powder coaters on Friday but they need me to supply something to stop the bottom bracket threads getting damaged. All of my BB's are too good to use as it will get covered in powder coat.

Does anyone have a 68mm English thread bb that they don't need ? Any condition will do as long as the threads are ok.

Cheers,

Luke

Might be worth popping into your LBS if you're in a hurry, they should have some knackered ones in the bin.

hi matey, i have one, but surely they should have bungs and bits to mask the threads? i have had about 10 frames powder coated and never needed to supply a bb. plus when you then remove the bb it will pull some of the coating off.

Andy B":3ukpz09r said:
Might be worth popping into your LBS if you're in a hurry, they should have some knackered ones in the bin.

Yeah I will do that if I have to although my most local bike shop is not that local (20 miles away).

jamabikes":1ns0i9hg said:
hi matey, i have one, but surely they should have bungs and bits to mask the threads? i have had about 10 frames powder coated and never needed to supply a bb. plus when you then remove the bb it will pull some of the coating off.

You would think they would but the guy said I would need to supply something and he suggested a BB works well. The last time I had a frame coated (at a different place) I didn't supply anything.

What do you have to spare ? How much would you want to post it to me?

Cheers,

Luke.

hi luke, its just a no name cartridge job.

send me your address and i'll post it to you.

pay me what ever the postage is when you get it. :D

pedalcentre":1f3dtuc7 said:
jamabikes":1f3dtuc7 said:
hi luke, its just a no name cartridge job.

send me your address and i'll post it to you.

pay me what ever the postage is when you get it. :D

PM sent.

Cheers, Luke.

PM is sitting in my Outbox for some reason ? My email is luke[AT]2pointdesign[DOT]com

Luke.

Back