WTD: Alan cable guides

Marcelovich

Dirt Disciple
Hi

I'm looking for the small screw on cableguides for an old Alan frame. These were not brazed on but screwed in.

Cheers
M

The Campag Khamsin disc takes a standard Campag track axle, as fitted to Campag Track hubs. Dave Marsh at Universal Cycles at Maltby usually has them in stock.

I have the axle you need, but not to hand. Unless you're in a huge rush I can get hold of it within a month I reckon (it's in storage at my folks' place since the last century!).

I bought it to use with a Khamsin, in fact. The guy I shared an office with loaned it to me for the universities track champs at Manchester back in the 90s. He was an ex tri-geek so raced it with a hollow axle, and when I put the solid axle in I found it was ever so slightly bent. I had every intention of buying the wheel so bought this axle pre-emptively ...

If you're looking for the axle to replace a bent one, then it's probably the same wheel!

Cheers,
Gareth.

Hi Gareth

Sounds great. I will send you a pm. The wheel I have came from Stockholm so I don't think it's the same.

Cheers
M

Latest posts

Back