WTD; 80's / 90's tri bars

I will try and post a photo of my bike when i get it back, it's off getting a new paint job at the moment, then i will rebuild it with my old campag record equipment complete with 24" front wheel.

Ha, just noticed you live in the Nots area, oh makes me feel like a silly old fart ! i'll open my eyes next time.

I had a pair of Scott DHs - the first batch that came into UK in early 88 - used to get so many funny looks. Profile came out with Profile 1s (as piccie above) shortly after and then Profile 2 clip-on. Scott also came out with a clip-on soon after, but the best ones were the Mavic clip-ons as used by Lemond in 1989. to complete the look, you'll need some fluoro bar tape too - either in yellow or pink!

I have a book with quite a few photos of the styles of bars used around that era, i didn't think Lemond had mavic ones, i used to have a mavic ssc groupset in 89, what a lovely bit of kit it was to. As for the tape, when i get my frame back it will be in red, so i think the best place to get the tape is from that retro shop in Lamb lane London.
As for the scott bars, if the other guys who said they had them could pop up a few photo's i may well still be interested in them for my retro road bike ( an old ZEUS ).

Mavic tribars

I have these Mavics sitting in my garage doing nothing. Happy to deliver on tube network in London, or post. £20

(Note the Ergo levers and base bar in the picture are not for sale)

Attachments

• Mavic tribars.JPG
    Mavic tribars.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,423
toomanycakestops":1eywlkdv said:
argonsixar,don't want to step on anyones toes,but if treeman doesn't want the Tri bars I do!
Let me know if they are available
Cheers
Hi, you could maybe contact the other two guys who have the scott bars if they are any good to you.......

tribars

I have a set of Cinelli Spinaccis if anyone is interested. OK condition. I know its not quite the same as a period set of tribars but they are quite a neat little addition and really help with back ache on long windy rides. £20 to anyone willing to meet up at ToB in Docklands on saturday.

Ok so I'm a bit late but here are the Profiles with the gear attachment £35 posted.

GazelleA53cm054.jpg

GazelleA53cm055.jpg

GazelleA53cm056.jpg

Back