WTD; 80's / 90's tri bars

treeman

Devout Dirtbag
Ok, who remembers when these first came out ? they came in an all in one drop bar and tri bar together and the Scott tri bar that Lemond used in the 80's tour de france........ well does any one have either of these hanging around their shed that they don't want, if so, i'll have them. :mrgreen:

Yes there was both one piece ones , Scott DH and a few different profile models later , and also clip-ons like mavic and the Scotts that LeMond used on Mavic cowhorn bars. What exactly are you looking for ?

ps I have nothing for you sorry.

Yes I have some very early Profile bars with shifter mount. Will take some pics later. £35 posted.

I have a pair in the shed think they are scotts with the flouro centre bridge and pad holders will get pics later tonight.jm.

Thanks for the reply peeps, i 'm after the late 80's type to fit my cinelli handle bars on my 1989 low profile bike, so if you's could pop some pics up so i can have a look, failing that you can text me the pics, i'll give my number if needed. :LOL:

Sorry for the OT but I'd read an interesting article on the origin recently. Theres a bit of contention as to who invented them, the first sighting is on a RAAM bike and that guy is often credited with inventing the tri bar as we know it, unfortunately Scott got in first and patented the design. The guy ended up with nothing. He is still designing bike stuff though and has a moderately successful component on the market, can't remember what it is though :roll:

Oh and I bought half a pair of 3T ones from on one recently :evil: I've been getting the short shrift ever since.

treeman":1bizw2zj said:
Thanks for the reply peeps, i 'm after the late 80's type to fit my cinelli handle bars on my 1989 low profile bike, so if you's could pop some pics up so i can have a look, failing that you can text me the pics, i'll give my number if needed. :LOL:

With a low profile bike you will surely need clip-ons with armrest extensions (in that era they all fitted outside the raised section) as you won't want 1 piece bars with a MTB style riser stem !

ps please post a pic of your bike !!!

I have a set of profile all in one bars and an unused pad/riser kit that can be yours for £15 posted. The bars are 22 dia I believe.
As seen in the overall picture below, I can get you better pics if needed.

Attachments

• Road.jpg
    Road.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 1,544
Hi NakedGav...... now that is just what i'm after, can you send me your address and i can get a cheque in the post, or if you live any were around the Hemel Hempstead/ Hertfordshire area i can come and pick them up, ta. :D

Back