Would you ride this??

Crayons

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Everything has its day – eventually. The question is how do you know when that day has arrived?

Below should be, if I've figured out the image upload bit, a few sample pics of the offending item. Spin wheels, strong though they may be, must eventually hang up their hat.

Is that day upon me? Would you continue to ride this?

Attachments

• main wheel.jpg
    main wheel.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,049
  • Valve_split_2.jpg
    Valve_split_2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,049
  • Small_split.jpg
    Small_split.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,049
  • Long_split_2.jpg
    Long_split_2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,049
Well after looking at those pictures plus my thread on 'carbon wheeles' has convinced me that those type of wheels are for track bikes. And I'll be keeping with hub/spokes/rims wheels

I wouldnt ride that in anger anywhere now,thats a garage queen wheel now matey,ive had spin wheels before and tbh i agree that theyre for track use really along with carbon saddles,been there done that,nurse picked the carbon bits from my bum :shock:

Every rim has it's death day - fortunately this happened at low speed!

swaledale07031.jpg

Looks like I'll be holding a retirement party for the old fella – before it ends up like JohnKiteman's. Dead lucky that was a slow failure, can only imagine what it would have been like if that let go on one of my local decents :shock:

A lesson to us all – keep an eye on yer walls

Hi,

NO!

Anytime i see a rim in that condition the image af my friends back pops into my head.
He had a wheel collapse at speed on a road section on a ride! The image of his skinless back is not something that i will ever forget.

Cheers,Al

Back