would it have been wrong ??

Ransetsu

Retro Guru
i've just seen what i can only describe as a tramp / dosser on an immaculate Marin Indian Fire Trail - the polished Alu one with the purple decals ( i had one back in the day ) it really did look as mint as mint can be ! Would it have been wrong to chase him up the road and make him an offer ?? ( bottle of Buckfast and 20 fags ? )

Ransetsu":169mcn8e said:
i've just seen what i can only describe as a tramp / dosser on an immaculate Marin Indian Fire Trail - the polished Alu one with the purple decals ( i had one back in the day ) it really did look as mint as mint can be ! Would it have been wrong to chase him up the road and make him an offer ?? ( bottle of Buckfast and 20 fags ? )

I like the Indian Fire Trail too, a frame recently sold on ebay and there is a bike on at the moment, bit of a steep price though.

No probs in making him an offer, as long as it's a decent offer.

Ransetsu":1d26br9m said:

Did he have long scraggly red hair and a long beard ?

Hey, just thought, a cycle is perfect for the tramp or vagrant, a means to carry all their worldly possessions and have the pleasure of cycling.

Thinking about it though what a lifestyle, no worries just lob your gear on the bike and travel where you like, a modern day rover, kind of tempting really.

thats what im planning to do with the rest of my life :) just lookng for the right bike. wont be an ali marin i can tell you that.
hmm what reaction would you have if you saw a "tramp/dosser" riding past on a wtb phoenix?

That was my very lifestyle [and appearance :oops: ] you're describing, up until about a year ago! :LOL: It costs quite a bit to live the 'feral' life though, and a bivvy bag's essential for inconspicuous under- hedge kipping.
Tramp/Dosser on a Phoenix ? [Pulling a BOB Yak trailer ?] : :cool:
Everyone should try it for a while!!

Yeah, I will second a goretex bivvy bag, they are excellent, Mine was a Survival Aids bag and at the time it was a £100, though now you can get them a lot cheaper on ebay.

Oh, I can get my bike in my tent if I use it with flysheet only, enough room for me and it. Gotto watch those thieving sheep.

I used to use one for wild camping when I used to cycle the ridges in the lake district. Stay up there on hill for as long as possible, just come down for food.

I can't do it now, I have discovered beer.

There's a dude who sells the big issue outside my local Waitrose, with a (approx) 2/3 year old indian fire/nail trail ?!

Really pissed me off till I got my current bike.

To top it off he rides round with a can of special brew in the bottle cage!!

:LOL:

buy him a cheapo bike ..... offer some money too just to make it worth while.... no problem buying it as long as you dont rim the poor bugger off ;)

Latest posts

Back