Wot happened to fat bikes

I like that. Polished fork legs would look the part too :cool:

So for the Fat Curious my old frame an various bits are available for £75 as it's had a good life
20241024_094434.jpg It's a medium sized alloy Mongoose Argus Sport frame with rigid fork. Comes with QR 90mm rims (135 front, 190 rear, the rear freehub will take up to an 11 speed cassette) with salsa QR levers and some 4.0 Maxxis Minions that have a little bit of life left in them. The rims suit wider tyres better though. The frame has been powdercoated in black with a holographic glitter clearcoat which is peeling off but the underlying black is good. Comes with spare derailleur hangers. Now for the bad bit...the thread on the non drive side bottom bracket is stripped. I currently have an external threaded BB which is bonded in with JB weld which has survived well (even at Fat Viking in Norway this year) It could be tapped out to italian thread and an insert put in or just leave and rebond if you change the BB. It does not come with cranks, brakes,, groupset etc...I have boxes of spares that you could cobble together for not too much money. If you are going back to square taper I have the original cranks that you can have for free. Also if you fancy front suspension I have some cheap Chinese air forks that can be had for £25 ( they are what they are but performed better and for longer than I expected). Hopefully this will get someone into Fat biking. I've had many adventures on the bike and liked the geometry of the frame so much that I copied it for the Pinion Bike

Last edited:
Back