Worlds clothing, bad etiquette ?

Midlife" I did have rainbow stripes on the top of my socks in the 70's[/quote said:
I still have.

I feel REALLY guilty when I wear them.........................

Hang on a minute - this is RETRObike. Most of the comments so far seem to be about current team kit but aren't we here because we ride stuff that may, in some cases, have been state of the art but is now obsolete? So if I ride my Raleigh Team Pro and wear the 'right' top then that seems to be appropriate (only it is acrylic rather than wool).
And, for what it is worth, if I had a modern bike I wouldn't dress up as a pro cos I'd be self conscious about being a slo-mo replica! Where I live I see a wide variety of highly desirable machinery - mostly with a wheezing chubby pilot struggling up the many hills ...

They want slo mo, that way the people you pass can read everything on your jersey. :LOL:

I remember buying a green pro team castelli jersey, the best quality i reckon. i had hair then which was dark
i tan easy and eric zabel was my hero. i too consider myself a sprinter prone to muscularity a bit like one ' incredible hulk ' who also wore green. alas i am now the credible bulk, but is hoped that one day i shall return
to 13 St and might be able to pass people up hill, and if they are wearing a rainbow jersey i may or may not mock them :xmas-big-grin:

This whole thread reminds me why I prefer mountain bikes. Wear what you like , if only to pee off the pedants.

i don't think it's about being a pedant, imagine if you were out riding, wearing the world champs jersey and mark cavandish rode up along side you and said "what year is that from? where did you win it?"

also, imagine if you bumped into mike tyson while wearing a replica world champ belt, i'm sure he'd either punch you or bite your ear off!! :LOL:

for me it's just about respecting what the jersey represents, hard work and ability. (assuming no dope!)

:)

clubby":i2596sp4 said:
This whole thread reminds me why I prefer mountain bikes. Wear what you like , if only to pee off the pedants.
TBH, there are far more, and far more stupid "rules", both written and unwritten, regarding clothing in MTB than there are in Road. And far more abuse and mocking when you inadvertently (or deliberately) break one.

clubby":3vzspz5q said:

I've never seen an "average" MTBer wearing the WC rainbow jersey so why is that?

Is that standard protocol going on or are the jersey's just not trendy and baggy enough? :xmas-big-grin:

most mountain bikers tend to be more casual in their clothing tastes also i have noticed the race kit they where tends to be just a brand kit as opposed to a team top. also a mountain biker is less likely to wear a road based top in both pattern and style.

most of my kit is simple, plain with maybe just the brand name on it.

Latest posts

Back