Work bikes

Re: Kuwahara Pro Comp Se

keevo":u9imswrg said:
My "new" commuter. After unexpected rear wheel failure with my slick-tired summer commuter and fall/winter coming in here in finland, did score this to cover commutes.

It´s gonna have mudguards. It has full grouppo of stx SE (shiny!) almost bit too nice to give a winter beater status. Has been also nicely maintained, which is nice.

It is buttled 4130 and weights whopping 13kg/28,3lbs as shot.

i keep forgetting that the rest of the world gets cold and is older than Australia.. exposed pipes and heat panel <maybe?> in garage..

nice bike too!!!

The Dawes had a rear mech upgrade, rack and mudguards for winter. I've got a matching front rack to go on too... Doesn't look as pretty, but for going to the supermarket in the rain, it's a far more pleasant thing.

Love this bike.

Attachments

• DSCF9660.jpg
    DSCF9660.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 6,824
Newly acquired and serviced '88 Saracen Blizzard...

iuomJ_Yais-citiR7LDB0HrVipjzST6ZD49UVUTCPpwNHn16cHfRcF7UhxKUk3PGiOhqId7Ig2Wk_ZHwmn-2u1NGik09BgYtj9gmrg6vO_z8oaEHsc8lPXCUIWAVqka8CY5IkEYcmw=w1200

Re: Re:

Titiritero":b99ybot2 said:
Tomilindfors":b99ybot2 said:

Nice picture!!

What is the front rack? I'm looking for one exactly like that, with possibility of carrying side panniers but also with a top loading bay to strap the tent or something. I've only found the Surly (expensive and heavy) and I also like the one that comes from factory on the new Trek 920 but I can't find a name to buy it separately.
Don't know if you got a response for this. Here's one a few years late... :D It's a Pelago Commuter rack. I use the wide (L) one right now. It fits two Ortliebs on the sides and tent, mattress and sleeping bag on the top. 15 kg maximum load.

^ like a lot. I love bikes built for purpose in mind no matter what the discipline may be.

I'm still surprised no re-purposed old butchers bikes have surfaced here.

Back