Work bikes

Re: My latest work ride.

Only put this together within the last few months but already a favourite, and fast!

'97 Kona Kilauea and eclectic mix of parts. My colleagues describe it as old and decrepit, but then again they could have been talking about me...

Attachments

• Black Kilauea 3a.jpg
    Black Kilauea 3a.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 1,590
Current commuter, '96 20" Kula. Rapid (for a 26" MTB) is the word.

kQw9HO.jpg

"Thanks! I don't think I'll be wearing a cape anytime soon, though. ;-)"
Cape+Rear wheel spokes= hilarious moments (not for the wearer...)

Re:

Nice pair of Konas there. I'm just finishing a rigid '95 Explosif to use as a commuter. I'll bob it on here when it's done :)

1993 Miyata Path Runner - bonded AL main tubes, cro-mo stays and forks; purchased
it mainly for the frame to try out and it measured up to be a good drop-bar conversion
eventually so I fitted a NOS Diatech headset fitted with canti hanger ready for that day.

Only the STX FD and Kalloy seat-post is original as everything else was knackered, mainly
a 7 speed STX gruppo.

Made an ahead adapter by taking the hacksaw to the steel stem, and going through
the parts bin to make a fairly solid build....transmission is a Dura-Ace 8 speed chain
Alivio shifters (yes....say what you will be even low-end Shimano stuff shifts well), sunrace
cassette, driven by a STX NDS crank, LX DS crank with a 10 sp FSA steel inner ring, XT UN72 68mm
bottom bracket squeezed in a 73mm shell with the help of a rare LP25 metal removable DS cup. Pedals are ancient hundred weight M323.

It's a little "sleepy" in handling to what I prefer but it will serve me well as a hack bike and
commuter.

Attachments

• WP_000340_rs.jpg
    WP_000340_rs.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,445
Re:

Hey there,
i´m new here and try to find someone who can quickly say if this bike is worth bying
(http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s ... ref=search)
I´am just around Cologne and wanted to take that one home for rebuilding it as my "every- day"- bike.
Is it worth bying?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Best regards

Christian

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
"Is it worth buying?"
Bonded Raleigh with LX components for around 40 euros... I would say why not? It's decent enough and the price is good, pending it is you size, don't buy it if it's too small but if it fits... it would make a decent pub/hack bike and if it gets stolen you won't be too sad.

Here's my 1987 Miyata Ridge Runner. Got it for $5 from a friend. Has all Deore XT components. I've got the XT pedals for it too, I just took them off so I wouldn't scratch or smash them. (On the trails I tend to bend the pedal cages. :facepalm: )

Attachments

• GOPR2905.JPG
    GOPR2905.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,292
Back