Work bikes

Re:

My only functioning bike at the moment, so naturally it gets used for commuting.

1990 Muddy Fox Pathfinder, complete with lights from Lidl.

(and I have still not gor around to fitting the correct stem as kindly provided by @mrgumby - damn so called 'other commitments!')

Re: Re:

therealjaxon":14w595m8 said:
My work hack :)

I love this bike, and it all happened by accident really - given the bike by someone who didn't want it, needed parts so chucked in shed.
My dad needed a bike so used it for two years and I ended back with it after I sold my (completely soul less) Giant XTC.
Only meant to use it until I got a new bike but now I won't part with it - nice 'n' basic, super light and super fast.
Would really like to give this a resto :cool:

Always look after your Cinder's.

Re:

Definitely. I did have a scare though - riding to work when suddenly I hear a 'ping!' and my rear wheel starts dragging on the frame :shock:
Thought I had broke the spindle but no, a weld had snapped :cry: Thought that was it but being a steel frame and having a decent welder at work meant that after some cleaning up and two deep vee's, it was soon solid as a rock :D
I'll still carry on with a resto on it though, couldn't bear to bin it!

Re:

Just finished building this one up ready to take over commuting duties from my 1988 Marin Bear Valley on Monday.........

Trek 930 Single Track XC (1997)

therealjaxon":3f268mgn said:
:cool: :cool:
Where'd you get the rear mech protector from? I was thinking of one of those for my GT.
Also tyres were from?
Cheers :)

I purchased the tyres for this site in Germany bike-discount.com for about €34 their service was fantastic and have bought several pairs.

The mech protector was purchased on ebay for about £5.00. I have put these on a couple of bikes and have saved my ride on many occasions.

Dazabike

Re:

Thanks ;).
Those rear mech protectors are probably frowned upon on here but I'd use one to save damaging an old mech.
I'll check those out.

therealjaxon":2iq6l535 said:
Thanks ;).
Those rear mech protectors are probably frowned upon on here but I'd use one to save damaging an old mech.
I'll check those out.

Yeah I think your right a few people might turn their nose up at them :facepalm: but you spend a lot of time and money on are bikes and I think they do a good job :LOL:

Best of Luck
Dazabike :cool:

Here's mine, bespoke FTW Industries town bike, it goes like sh*t off a shovel! :)

p4pb11010714.jpg

Latest posts

Back