Woah! Narrow Bars

jammie*dodger

Dirt Disciple
Well i've finished building up the LTS4 and i've used the Narrow bars from the doner bike (an early 90's cindercone). Now my Specialized FSR Comp has riser bars that feel pretty normal these days but the bars from the Kona feel like they are about 6 inches wide (they really aren't)

I'm sure it's something i'll get used to (I love the way it looks) and it'll be great for filtering through traffic in town but it feels a bit strange ATM.

What do you guys prefer - Narrow or Wide - and it's definitely handlebars i'm talking about ;-)

narrow bars here, always found i was less likely to catch them on trees/cars/ramblers Bitd and ive stuck with them ever since.

I run flat 21.5in bars on all my rides. Quicker steering and less likely to catch a tree branch on tight singletrack.

I used to run a 21 on my bikes back in the 90's but after riding a plush carbon riser, I could never go back again. They just feel more natural with more comfort and control.

It's sad for me to say, but I don't ride the singletrack as aggresively anymore, so hooking a tree hasn't been a problem lately.

Hey PorscheNut, where abouts in Vancouver are you? We're just at the start of the Immigration process to come to the Island.

Rob.

Back