Winter projects

thom04

Gary Fisher Fan
Anyone got any interesting builds / projects lined up now that the days are getting shorter & wetter? (Not necessarily bike related)

Feel like I need some inspiration!

Im renovating a 91 Lava Dome, being in Glasgow its winter 364 days a year 🙄 😂
But hopefully have it finished inside a month and maybe even get a ride in before the Scottish weather really goes down the toilet 🥶

currently sorting out the paint chips before it gets a t-cut, Im not looking for perfection just tidy
I am upgrading the brakes to v-brakes and the gear levers to triggers as I hate thumb selectors but other than that Im not changing much else

Im renovating a 91 Lava Dome, being in Glasgow its winter 364 days a year 🙄 😂
But hopefully have it finished inside a month and maybe even get a ride in before the Scottish weather really goes down the toilet 🥶

currently sorting out the paint chips before it gets a t-cut, Im not looking for perfection just tidy
I am upgrading the brakes to v-brakes and the gear levers to triggers as I hate thumb selectors but other than that Im not changing much else
Nice! Just found your thread - that kona looks tidy 👌

I’m working on transforming a recently acquired P7 race bike into a rat build PMX with BMX bars, girvin vectors and possibly a 1x7 drivetrain. As much black as I can find, and a proper parts bin special

Something fun to tinker with and then use next summer to spin up to the brewery taproom.

I’m working on transforming a recently acquired P7 race bike into a rat build PMX with BMX bars, girvin vectors and possibly a 1x7 drivetrain. As much black as I can find, and a proper parts bin special

Something fun to tinker with and then use next summer to spin up to the brewery taproom.

Look forward to some photos! I'd like to do something like that, maybe with some weird cabling like this thing:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241020-063943~2.png
    Screenshot_20241020-063943~2.png
    855.7 KB · Views: 8
Rebuilding my winter ride at the moment. It's a Spa cycles titanium audax frame set with a mix of Campagnolo and Shimnano components.
Campy Bar end shifters fitted , triple chain set for now . 9 speed cassette. Shimano brakes and levers .
A bitzer really . Needs mudguards sorting before riding.
No build thread as it doesn't fit anywhere imho.

Next in line is my Bates B.A.R circa 1950 which needs finishing.

Back