Winter boots for flipper feet

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
Anyone have any suggestions?
As above, I have very wide feet, compounded by a bunion, and most shoes are a pain.
Who makes wide boots?

I've just been in to my local Evans to try on a few pairs and they have absolutely NOTHING in stock yet... :roll:

you may struggle. I take size 12 but am fortunate enough that footwear of all sorts is available in that size, still can be a struggle to find shoes that fit - I have shimano size 48 shoes which fit but cycling shoes tend to be on the narrow size, which is ok for me.

take a trip to Sports Direct (think that is what it is called - high street outlet for sports stuff). they seem to have a lot of Karrimor stuff and they do have some mtb shoes in various sizes - just a matter of looking for the big sizes and trying them on.

I have 3E wide feet. Lake MXZ 302 wides were the best I could find. They are about a 2E width. All of my bike shoes are now Lake Wides. I had 301s and upgraded a few years ago to the 302. I like the boots, ride a lot in the snow, and have used them for several winters.

Thunderchild

Thunderchild":2w559jet said:
I have 3E wide feet. Lake MXZ 302 wides were the best I could find. They are about a 2E width. All of my bike shoes are now Lake Wides. I had 301s and upgraded a few years ago to the 302. I like the boots, ride a lot in the snow, and have used them for several winters.

Thunderchild

Thanks, I'm thinking about Lakes but suppliers are in short supply.
Do you go up a size in length from your "normal" shoes to accomodate socks, or have they already thought of that?

Last week i bought some Nike ACG Air Max Conquer for the winter in the woods with my dog.
My feet are also on the wide side i'd say and these do fit me well but of course i have - thank god- no clue what your feet really look like. :)
Since these boots came out in 2011 they are now available in online stores for half of their original price tag. Maybe you want to check them out.
http://sneakernews.com/2011/10/19/nike- ... colorways/

suburbanreuben":ta1vo7xd said:
Thanks, I'm thinking about Lakes but suppliers are in short supply.
Do you go up a size in length from your "normal" shoes to accomodate socks, or have they already thought of that?

Yeah, at least one size bigger. Lake did have a useful chart and image on their website where you would measure your foot width and length and compare it to the diagram which indicated your size. I was unable to get their new website to run on my computer.

Thunderchild

45nrth Fasterkatt or Wolvhammers are pretty wide especially at the toes ..... and warm!

Back