WINGS Kit for RS Judy - any good?

Certainly avoid the Wings stuff, I had to go through paypal dispute to get the damper kit refunded, and I never got anything back for the springs.

Anyway, drop Risse Racing a call. They do the dampers, dummy legs and now springs I've seen together as a kit.

I went from the normal 63mm up to 75mm with the Risse cartridge and matching dummy leg and it's great.

for springs I sourced a pair of Firm '99 era Judy Hydrocoil springs which are the exact same length and diameter as the softer Speed Springs I wanted to replace. With a bit of dremeling to taper the top few coils to fit inside the top caps they are spot on.

Anyway, emaill Risse and get a price for what you want as a kit. Their online shop isn't set up for correct UK postage I was told by them and it best to email:

http://www.risseracing.com/

$150 plus shipping for the cartridge, dummy leg, and springs kit. Either 63mm or 75mm and either meduim or firm springs as options.

Nick

Just though I'd update a long dead thread with pictures of a Wing Spring kit as it came up as a topic of conversation a few weeks back

I never used mine - just kept the springs and binned all the crap...how a gas strut from an automotive boot lid can substitute for a damper when the return rate is glacier I'll never know

just for posterity a few pics he's Mr Wingspring offering for a 97 Judy, the last pic says it all... 200 miles of off road riding to wear them in :facepalm:

Attachments

• Wing Spring 7.jpg
    Wing Spring 7.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Wing spring 6.jpg
    Wing spring 6.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 39
  • wing spring Judy 5.jpg
    wing spring Judy 5.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 39
  • wing spring Judy 4.jpg
    wing spring Judy 4.jpg