Will this frame take a tapered fork? Can I convert this hub to bolt through?

I have to the lower ones if you end up needing one.
Thanks, I will keep you in mind once I've worked out which direction to go in.

The sensible option is to build it up with the heavy but functional suntour forks as that will work with the wheel and all that's present. I just can't help wanting to make it a better build, even if I have to subsidise it myself to meet his budget.

Maybe I should just build it, he's probably still growing at 14 so it may not last that long before he needs a bigger frame. I hope he doesn't grow too much more, as he's 6ft 3 already and size 13 feet. Will be an absolute giant if he carries on ;)

Totally understand where you are coming from, there are lots of tapered forks out there, I bought a bran new boost 27.5 suntour fork just 5 mins drive away for 20 quid not long back. It's may be a suntour but hay it's a brand new fork for 20 quid. Being tapered wasn't what I wanted at the time but the bigger external cup sorted the problem.

At least you know your son won't get blown over in strong wind with size 13 feet..ha

It's not my son, doing this for s friend. The suntour fork works, but it is bloody heavy. Not sure I've encountered anything heavier bike related, but it works so maybe I need to forget about the bike snob in me and go with it? I'm trawling the net trying to find a cheap air fork that might work as it has to be lighter that this one.

The Suntour will be perfectly fine for a 14 year old. With modern bikes it is getting harder and harder to do a shed build. You end up having to find so many extras or bodge bits that it’s not worth the cost. I know you mention a budget, but have you looked locally to see what complete builds are out there locally? Our generation love a parts build but sometimes it’s just not practical.

Thanks, what I've got so far and what I'm adding to it will be fine budget wise I think. Not much I've seen for his max £200 that will be near it as a build once completed.

Back