117.4 KB · Views: 1,560
  • MarzXC.PNG
    MarzXC.PNG
    99 KB · Views: 1,560
FluffyChicken":euo0c7po said:
This any help.

not much i'm afraid.. maybe i was unclear
this is the measure i'm after.. c-c

would realy like to change steerer on an obsys i got.. it has nice light carbon legs but mega thick heavy steel steerer and crown.. sigh

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 1,549
biocandy":jigkxgj7 said:
FluffyChicken":jigkxgj7 said:
This any help.

would realy like to change steerer on an obsys i got.. it has nice light carbon legs but mega thick heavy steel steerer and crown.. sigh

:?: oh,
I was replying to the Wiki help request: Marzocchi question.
Post a separate new topic for better info on your question.

Great fluffy. Those scans contain information with which Wiki can be updated. Some can be included as pic. Helpfull addition.

@biocandy
Sorry, I have no fork available atm, so I can't measure.

biocandy":2axmt4vk said:

It's not so easy I'm affraid.
Marzocchi forks and Sunn Obsys forks had different diameter of upper legs.
As I sad - legs diameter of DH3 is 26mm. The same XC700, 600, XCR etc.
Legs diameter of Sunn Obsys is 25mm (not 25,6 - you may check it by using caliper).
Legs diameter of XC500 and Erlier Marzocchi forks is 24mm.

As you see, there is no easy way to use Marzocchi crown in Sunn forks.
Easier way is to take the crown to locksmith, who has hydraulic press. In this way you can change the steerer in the crown.

biocandy":3bmbxf2c said:
anyone know centrum leg - leg distance on the dh3..?? from pictures i calculate it to be somewhere 105-110mm.. right..??

is the very nice green crown steel or alloy..?

would any of these alloy steerers fit the dh3 crown..??
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=1016

The crown is made from aluminium, forged T6-6082 offset alloy.
The fork weight is 1466 grams.

--> http://marzocchi.projectweb.de/manuals- ... 6.pdf/view

All the 'normal' steerer will fit: 1", 1 1/8", 1 1/4", but I think you can't press a alu steerer in a DH3. You have to use a crown which clamps the steerer with 2 screws. If you want a 1" steerer in a 1 1/8" or 1 1/4" or a 1 1/8" in a 1 1/4" crown, you havbe to use aluminium adapters.

Edit: centrum leg - leg distance on the DH3 = 85mm

Returning to the history of Marzocchi.
Attached by FluffyChicken materials are great.
However, I can add a few things.

Between fork StarFork of 1990 and XC100 there were also other forks.
In 1991, there were also MX100, TT10 and PF1. I have never seen MX100 and TT10. PF1 is similar to the XC100 fork, but the crown is different. Forks in 1991 had air / oil separator piston. The same piston was mounted in series XC (XC100 - XC400). It had to separate the oil from the air. Then the oil is not churned by mixing with air, eg during long downhill. Since XC500 Marzocchi had resigned from the piston.

In the XC500 is used, however, additional small holes in the upper legs just below the seals. This was an additional circuit of rebound.

It should also say that in 1993 Marzocchi introduced a downhill fork DH350. How does it look like - I don't know.

Question about MArzocchi advertising from mid '90

When RS introduces Judy in 1995 Marzocchi had an advertising showing two ladies with paper bags on theirs heads, with signature below "Judy Who?"

I was searching for this picture in google, but cannot find it anywhere - anybody is having a scan?

Back