Whyte PRST-4...XTR disc brake conversion

which is good because I don't know what a IS-Postmount adaptor is.
something you don't need with the set up you've just bought.

Thank you. I believe that I have just bought a set of xtr ones on eBay...

What Jimo is alluding to is a cable disc brake that has a small hydraulic system at the caliper end. the cable pulls a lever like it would on a normal cable brake, but the lever actuates the master cylinder piston (like your lever would on a normal hydraulic set up). I run a set on one of my road bikes. it's a good solution but you don't need to stress as you've got the XTR setup you've bought which is a whole hydraulic braking system.

Excellent, thank you. It sounds like what I have bought is going to be both perfect and relatively simple.

To broaden your M965 colour matched wheel set search (suspect they'll be hard to find) you could also look for hope pro II hubs as they did these in the exact same colour / finish.

Thank you. I'll start looking but I'm a one step at a time kinda guy so will.probably get the brakes, understand and rebuild them and then look for wheels 👍 However, if in your online browsing u see any that are perfect and a good price please link me to them..I'm always up for a bargain 🍻

I'll also have a look to see what the existing hubs are...I wonder if they came with the bike when new 🤔

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I could be wrong here, but weren't the xtr m960 hubs all centre lock rotor fitting with a cover over the splines for rim brake use? I think I'm wrong actually but they did do hubs in the m960 range this way in addition to rim brake only hubs.

Worth checking your existing hubs. If they are m960 they could have the rubber covers over the rotor splines and if so, happy days. You'd just need some rotors rather than a new set of wheels.

M960 is not typically that sought after so you may be able to pick up some wheels cheaply, but the hubs were decent, it's the rest that wasn't so well regarded.

Check the rings on your cranks and check for wear, replacement rings are not easy to find and fetch a premium because of their proprietary spacing between bolt holes.

Latest posts

Back