Whyte PRST-4...XTR disc brake conversion

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thank you for the link. They look decent and cheap! I'm going to keep researching a bit longer before I decide...but could probably pick these up regardless and if necessary sell them on without much of a loss, especially if I take better pictures
duel control was a pretty rare choice and even more so now, to find them with Hydraulic set up is amazing. So if you want to keep it, this is the best option, do not wait, do not pass go, do not collect £200, buy them, now, before you can't.

:)

hope that helps. I rather like the PRST these days, hated them back then, but they've grown on me. :)

duel control was a pretty rare choice and even more so now, to find them with Hydraulic set up is amazing. So if you want to keep it, this is the best option, do not wait, do not pass go, do not collect £200, buy them, now, before you can't.

:)

hope that helps. I rather like the PRST these days, hated them back then, but they've grown on me. :)
Lol thank you. They are no longer for sale on eBay, I took your very clear advice 😁

Wow, I’ve never seen Dual Control with hydraulics. Every day is a learning day in here.

You could always use cable/hydraulic disc calipers. I've had a few sets of the TRP hy/rd ones that were quite good. Juintech make some nice ones too, am sure there's other brands as well. Means you could keep the cable levers. Just make sure to get post mount calipers & use an IS--Postmount adapter. Flat mount calipers won't fit

Thank you. I believe that I have just bought a set of xtr ones on eBay...hydraulic brake lines but cable gear selectors?! TBH I'm curious what will turn up 😂 Either way it will.be a learning experience...which is good because I don't know what a IS-Postmount adaptor is. I will however enjoy researching and learning so thank you for the heads up.

When I get whatever I just bought off eBay, as linked above, I will rebuild it and learn about it, whether it is what I want for the bike or not.

Thank you for your input grin 😁
You could always use cable/hydraulic disc calipers. I've had a few sets of the TRP hy/rd ones that were quite good. Juintech make some nice ones too, am sure there's other brands as well. Means you could keep the cable levers. Just make sure to get post mount calipers & use an IS--Postmount adapter. Flat mount calipers won't fit

Back