Why no love for Cannondale?

This was my 'dale. I thought it was a great bike, rode very well and it was my first introduction to hydraulic disk brakes. Sold a few years ago to an 19st South African rugby player, :shock: I wonder how it got on?

Attachments

• cannondale-002.jpg
    cannondale-002.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 2,297
tintin40":1ztof2pq said:
Sorry I was in the Klein camp for alloy mtbs. :cool: dales just didn't compare to to them in any dept.

You mean Dales were built properly and didn't have silly paint jobs?? :LOL: :LOL:

I've always had a soft spot for Cannondales. I've owned 2 mtn bikes and 2 road. The Raven was the best bike i've ever sold, the only bike i've thought of buying back. The F2000 (1999) was impressive, comfortable, fast and very light. The 2 road bikes were good, the Caad4 being comfortable and very nice handling.
Yes they were expensive, but more accessible than a Klein, but lighter than the other manufacturers, thats before you get to the looks.
They did manage to upset a lot of customers, by introducing products that weren't ready. I remember numerous problems with bikes immediately after the launch.
I've always been suprised by the lack of Cannondales on here.

I rode/raced my Proflex 752 from new (1992) as a XC bike with a spot of downhill here and there till 2000 when I bought a Proflex 856.
Got to ride a few Cannondales and was always tempted, however yes I thought the ride was harsh and the headshocks were stiff.
Definitely not an all day bike for me at least.
I think it was an astheasic thing with Cannondales, the fat tubes always looked the part. Hardtail, I loved the M1000 and as for rest the Raven just oozed sex appeal, wish I could of got to have a go on one!
Each to their own me thinks. :?

P20":18gx2r5p said:
Yes they were expensive, but more accessible than a Klein

I think you've hit the nail on the head, poor mans Klein, I loved those smooth welds, fat sculpted tubes and the simple but classy paint finish. My Cannondale was an impulse buy from Mud Dock on an easter weekend break in Bristol.

dales

still loving my dale but shes got a long way to go yet.

I was thinking about getting her stripped and polished...

Attachments

• 26012008075 (Medium).jpg
    26012008075 (Medium).jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 2,229
Well I have to say Cannondale is my favorite bike with Kona's a close second, I happen to own 1998 F800, it's the longest I have kept a bike for and will never sell it, it have never let me down (touch wood) I only bought a few tyres, riser bar and some grips on it, it's a joy to ride for me. I think the Cannondale were lovely in the 90's but after 2000, it went downhill abit because of the ugly colours and some of the bits on the bikes didnt look good, I also think the high prices do put people off buying them. Soon I will get my Cannondale back to the red colour and will posted some pics on here for everyone to see and hope people will like it well I do!

Cannondale deserve better, they need to drop the high prices and put some nice colours not all in black colours, yuk!

Back