Why no love for Cannondale?

Little Bob":rc4c5vuw said:
2763068400100194875klNbaB_th.jpg

Great looking bike! I always have a special fondness for bikes that have had one (interested) owner since new somehow...

Looks a great starting point to me - keep the ringle hub(s) though they're sweet.

I've had my shimmed Use post for 20 years and it's been fine so far...but now I'm thinking I should change it.

What are those tyres? I've been thinking about getting something like that for more road based work.

Little Bob":6zgb1j48 said:
Had mine since new ('86 I think) and still love it:
Nice. But surely those dropouts and the oversized headset didn't come in until the early nineties.

My memory must be going - hang on...

You're right, I bought it new in May '92 (don't know where I got '86 from - it must be old age).

Little Bob":1bxfol2u said:
Looks a great starting point to me - keep the ringle hub(s) though they're sweet.

I've had my shimmed Use post for 20 years and it's been fine so far...but now I'm thinking I should change it.

What are those tyres? I've been thinking about getting something like that for more road based work.

USE Post is long gone....bit too damn dangerous on an alu frame, it's got a Syncros Ti in it now. Bars and stem are also gone, replaced with NOS Syncros. Cheapo STI went in the wheelie bin and it's having XT thumbies and some BOX CNC levers...Flite seat on there as well.

Tyres are Nokia City something or other, which are great as it's not really an offroad machine....road and Turbo trainer really.

neilll":2dxxrvmd said:
Wu-Tangled":2dxxrvmd said:
That's bloody lovely! :D :D :D

Ditto....very nice colours, looking forward to seeing the finished article :)
Can't take credit for the choice of colour, although it was the primary reason I bought the frame (OK, wrong thing to say on a 'dale loving thread - but I've always loved the old hardtails with the trailing dropouts!! :))

Worry not, I'll be posting pics when it's complete.... :D

Little Bob":1l2dy9pz said:
Had mine since new ('86 I think) and still love it:

2763068400100194875klNbaB_th.jpg
[/url][/img]

Lovely! I had a similar 1992 M700 BITD. And I had it with Manitou 2 and purple Ringle bottle cage so it did look almost like yours!

Back