Why no love for Cannondale?

@ CAPIN : My daily rider (which the F6 was intended to be) usually has its tyre pressure checked every 2 weeks, my other bikes before every ride. So the pressures never strayed much from 3.0 and 3.5 bar front/rear (43.5psi and 50.7psi respectively, the latter being the maximum pressure Schwalbe recommended for these tyres on normal rims).
My spokes get tensioned every 6 months by the same mechanic that's been working on all my bikes since 2004. He works at the #1 C'dale dealer in my area, which is why I bought the bike in the first place. Never had any spoke issues with the bikes that preceded it, nor do I have any issues with my current bikes. So I'm pretty certain that spoke tension wasn't an issue either.

Besides, if there was something wrong with the wheels, I would have noticed the tyres rubbing against the frame. With only 3mm of clearance to either side of the chainstay, you really need to keep everything in good tune.

TBH none of that really matters to me anymore. I have moved on to a bike that IMO looks just as good and handles exactly how I want it to, so it's unlikely I'll buy another bicycle in the next few years.

dales always were a "project" i bought a new super vee in 95 , the b/b failed in a week , the coda cnc crank chain sucked like hell and the alivio cantis were a bit naff , but stuff got swapped out over time a £1700 bike too
i still have the bike and still love it

never felt a flexy h/t dale tho

In reply to CAPIN's post, you say the reason that my Cannondale has so many problems and the fact that I cannot get Cannondale parts that I need is soley down to the fact that I only paid £750 for a very, very cheap Cannondale!

Imagine if BMW adopted that same attitude as Cannondale and every time your new £18,000 Mini went wrong you could not get a service or parts and were told you only get that level of service and reliability if you spent £30,000 on a 5 series. BMW WOULD GO BUST AS THE MINI IS THEIR BEST SELLING MODEL AND A CLASS LEADER.

If Cannondale can't build a simple reliable urban hardtail for £750, that works and you can get spares for, then no way am I going to risk £3,000 plus on one as my race bike.

Most people, myself included, start on the lower models and love them so much we end up having a life long affair with the brand and end up with a flagship model costing thousands. Not so it seems with Cannondale.

dales

i think all dales are nice but lefty,s killers and ravens are the best, saying that i am selling my raven frame cos i ve just bought a stunning 96 zaskar le frame to play with, would keep it but you know the state the economy is in so sadly it has to go :cry: .

cheers drew :D

....nuff said.... :cool:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 964
  • 08_headbadge.jpg
    08_headbadge.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 964
  • cannondale.jpg
    cannondale.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 964