Why is ebay populated by half wits?

ferrit

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I listed a Cibie bi Oscar + dual spot and fog light on eBay tonight, the listing clearly stated Lamp and the picture was of one lamp. It was one of a pair that was on my 4x4 but the other was smashed off road so I replaced the pair.

Anyway start price of .99p and a maybe little optimistic BIN of £45 (the single spot versions of these are about £95, but I figured if someone with a Japanese import 4x4 like me might need a replacement and these are pretty standard issue on most grey Mitsubishis.

Anyway I end up in the following conversation with some guy

Question
Dear xxx

It’s not clear in the listing but is this for 1 lamp
or a pair

My reply
Dear xxx,

yes its for 1 lamp only

thanks

reply from guy
£45??? for 1 lamp are you on another planet? who the
hell will pay that for 1 spot light when they
normally come in pairs. How many cars do you see
driving around with only 1 spot light on it.

My reply
Are you interested in biding or not?. I believe negative commenting on pricing is reportable to EBay (not actually sure if this is the case)

I suggest you take a look at how Cibie sells its lamps, if you cannot be bothered its in singles!

FYI the person who might be interested would like me be left with one lamp due to the other one being damaged off road

Good luck bidding

His reply
Dear xxx,

No need to wish me luck in bidding because I won't
be I will look for a nice set of lamps the plural
meaning 2 of them like all normal people but im
going to keep you on my watch list just to see it

My reply
Dear xxxx,

Well seeing as you were looking for a set of lamps (plural), you might have been able to understand from the fact I listed a lamp (singular) (that means one!) and posted a picture of one lamp (singular, that also means one) that this was a sale for one lamp (singular, ie ONE).

Oh and btw if you also look the start price is .99p so you think it wont sell?.

And for further interest the retail price on one of these, yes thats singular, is minimum £93.50 from Larkspeed and thats not even for the dual fog/spot LAMP!

Good luck in your search for someone giving a set a Cibies away for next to nothing, might I also suggest you look for something slightly more within your budget like Ring or maybe some nice Chinese IPF copies.

Oh and any further unsolicited emails and this little log is off the EBay complaints as its tantamount to harassment (again not sure if this is the case)

Now I know I shouldnt rise to the bait but why do some people feel the need to wind something like this up to the stage where insults start being traded. If it’s not what you were looking for just move along!
[/i]

You used to be able to block people from your listings.. dunno if this is still the case??

If it is, send him a hope you're keeping a close eye on my ONE lamp, the word on the street is that it's going to go BIG type message

Then block the dumbass.

You do realize that by selling that lamp instead of keeping it as a spare/dust collector, the probability of smashing one of your new ones increases exponentially by the power of four, no? ;)

I had some stuff listed last month. Some of the questions asked were mental.

It's why I don't sell much on there.. usually waiting sufficiently long that I forget how traumatic the whole experience really is before listing stuff to sell..

i was just asked a question on the bay about my Tioga Psycho tires i am selling, asking if they are mtb tires. :roll:

And what about the spelling!!!

Now, I'm no teacher, sometimes I spell words incorrectly, but the amount of idiots with access to an ebay account is astounding!!

It never ceases to amaze me how some of the Jeremy Kyle watching, bottom feeders manage to get through their daily lives.......I sometimes play a game of ebay baiting with them......I know it's not big or clever, but I like to think of their heads hurting.

How many of those lamps have you got again?

:p :p :D

mattbrown":162wgi1o said:
i was just asked a question on the bay about my Tioga Psycho tires i am selling, asking if they are mtb tires. :roll:

Did you have picture :? :LOL: :LOL:

Back