Who welded these frames?

Strange isn't it.. i don't know a great deal about Ti welding so correct me if i'm wrong but what the heck is this line?

fullsizeoutput_4122.png

It looks like an old weld to me, all the file marks seem to emanate from there, like a previous weld has been filed away.. also the weld around the seat stay looks different to all the others.. hotter.

The cable stops seem to have swarf from partially drilled pilot holes.. nobody has brushed it away since.. 1994?

Yeah that weld looks like a later repair. Still looks like there is a crack underneath

I almost bought a 96 Raleigh Ti from Sandy Gilchrist who was the TM of the Olympic team. I doubt any of the guys ran these as they were on sponsors frames or
Raleigh Ti

Two many zeros. Start at £30 or BiN of £50 is more realistic.

Bottle bosses are missing so unfinished frames and the tubing and welding all looks shonky as. Not complete junk but pretty close!

Cable guides/stops will help someone identify what they really are.

Right, I've dropped the joker a message to find out more! I'll report back.
So, he's inherited these and was told this is what they are. They also have no serial numbers.

Unclear on this basis how the asking price has been determined then. As Frankenorange has said, given the state of them it's double digit value, maybe nudging into three figures 'cos they're titanium and you get three for the price, but they'll never be let go for that. Hack bike material at best. I think these are someone's shed builds.

It looks like someone's done a TIG welding course and decided to go into bike frame manufacture.

Lacking a proper jig would explain why you'd do 3 at a time.

The geometry looks about right for 94, titanium was the ideal mtb frame material at that time, and were selling for 3x the price of steel.

The head tube looks reamed, and the stays look like cycle specific.

Ceeway were offering ti frame tubes for framebuilders back then iirc

Latest posts

Back