Who races retro bikes still?

Got back into a bit of fun racing this year. Best part was beating 29er loud-mouths with my 26-inch, 20 year old (92) Nishiki Alien, 10 year old Marzocchi Fork, Avid Tri-align brake on rear, vbrakes on front, pulstar front hub, original Deore Dx 130mm rear hub, 8-speed Shimano thumb shifters, XT brake levers with 8-speed rapid fire pods removed and shaved with dremel, Deore Dx front and rear derailleurs, Kooka cranks, flat bar, cotton mesh gloves, and Bar Ends of course.

Side note: Some of you fellow two-wheel addicts across the ocean may have seen this race course. Race was held at 2002 winter Olympics Biathalon course Utah, USA. Ride a lap, shoot targets with precision pellet gun, ride short penalty lap(s) for missed target, ride lap, shoot, penalty laps, ride, shoot, penalty laps, sprint.

Thunderchild

Attachments

• IMG_6428 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_6428 (Medium).JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_6452 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_6452 (Medium).JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 516
Re:

Lots of vintage hardware raced at the 26th annual Keyesville Classic.

I'll let the other folk post their own photos but about a dozen of us who post here raced their pre-'95 biked in Keyesville (Kern, Ca) a couple of weekends ago.

ccf06c0c800794dc85ad21be5be33d90_zps34fd1e56.jpg

489fa9e6515f3898a6d82ea70d9d25e0_zps7b0d08ee.jpg

I did the 2012 midlands xc series, one of which I did on my Klein, along with the warm up lap at each race......the modern bike felt faster as I was braking later and harder into things, and I felt I could thrash the bike harder....I lost track of the amount of people who wanted a pic or a chat whilst I was on the Klein though, it was a rose amongst thorns each time I wheeled it out......

T'boo Ted":k3ggxr3y said:
I "raced" my xiznag last weekend. Bike was great, too bad the rider failed dismally... was a bad, bad day.

I think we all can safely say we've had days like that.Not eaten enough or didn't warm up bla bla bla :LOL:

Back