Who is this cool little fella on my new blue GT RTS rocker link? Who makes this part?

mior

Dirt Disciple
Hello! I've just picked up a new GT RTS to use as a donor bike for my current rts (rear triangle cracked) and noticed this little guy on the linkage when loading this bike onto the rack. looks a lot nicer than the OEM one but I have no idea who makes it or if it offers some different characteristics (ala cascade link). I know there were many small machine shops at this time but just hoping that someone recognizes the logo. happy to add more photos or info if you need. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    636.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0567.jpg
    IMG_0567.jpg
    689.8 KB · Views: 30
No idea I'm afraid. I had many RTS frames through my hands and have 2 in my collection, one I'll not part with. Not come across an after market rocker before, so can't help on if it has any different characteristics either.

My keeper is a blue themed team rts so if you don't decide to use the rocker, I'd be up for giving it a try, just to match some of the other builds parts, as it's my keeper garage queen after all, and it's got to look pretty to stay that way.

plan is to use it as the sealed bearings are much better than the old ones. its interesting that it isnt turquoise like the old kooka/ringle bits, it is more like marzocchi adjuster knob blue

Would be nice to know the origin. My guess it must be from California. We were drawing tons of this style heads in the early '90s. I just saw it from a friend. Hair and sunglasses were identical to this example. Never saw it on a bike, though. An oldschool graphic meme.

Is swap the bearings out if I were you to rubber sealed ones, they would be far better for the job intended than the metal sealed ones.

This bike was bought in chula vista/south san diego so its very likely
Would be nice to know the origin. My guess it must be from California. We were drawing tons of this style heads in the early '90s. I just saw it from a friend. Hair and sunglasses were identical to this example. Never saw it on a bike, though. An oldschool graphic meme.

This bike was bought in chula vista/south san diego so its very likely
If i'd have to make more guesses, it appeared first in some sort of underground comics, but this is mere speculation. Maybe you could ask someone local who is familiar with the scene

ugh. no vintage guys locally that i see out on the trails. theres a guy who worked for fat chance in the neighborhood and thats about it. most people tell me to sell all my vintage stuff and buy a trek or specialized because vintage stuff is crap.

ugh. no vintage guys locally that i see out on the trails. theres a guy who worked for fat chance in the neighborhood and thats about it. most people tell me to sell all my vintage stuff and buy a trek or specialized because vintage stuff is crap.
i mean someone who's into early '90s underground comics.
Otherwise try image search

Latest posts

Back