Whiskey ?

silverclaws

Senior Retro Guru
Why is it one drinks beer and they know their limit because beer lets you know, but with whiskey things are very different, that insidious spirit has a delayed reaction, good to drink and one is okay, but much later after the drink has gone away the legless appears as if by magic.

Now I don't drink it often, not if I can help it, given my reaction to it, but a pal brought a bottle around and I just had to partake, I mean it would have been rude not to.

But what is it about that stuff that creates a delayed reaction ?

It is the same as most harder drinks, as you are taking a greater concentration before the effects hit.

A little like smoking skunk.

We have a tradition here of attempting to maintain a sober demeanour as long as possible. It always fails spectacularly!

:)

Skunk I think I had that once, well at least I think it was skunk, I saw dragons living in caves in mountains up above the cloud base. The ex saw demons and ended up chucking up all over the new carpet where I was totally fine and she was an ex user of all sorts.

That was the last time I had any of that stuff or anything softer, my grass days were finished and of those days it was only three weeks anyway, but enough to know I don't need it.

But Whiskey, I will stick to beer or red wine.

silverclaws":3mcoxjc1 said:
Skunk I think I had that once, well at least I think it was skunk, I saw dragons living in caves in mountains up above the cloud base. The ex saw demons and ended up chucking up all over the new carpet where I was totally fine and she was an ex user of all sorts..

you sure that was just the skunk?

after 20+ years of not having drink or drugs, i can honestly say i don't miss any of them. a decision which changed my life for the better.
although i did have some interesting experiences with weed.
i could never stomach whiskey.
and ale just got me depressed and angry.
now i just thrive off endorphins & ceratonin.

I think some people, who are openly of a particular and specific mental persuasion/condition/sensitivity, should realise the potential effects of stimulants and chemicals upon their health/character/condition.....

....while I am NOT talking about anyone in particular here, I AM making reference to myself, and my selfish indulgences over the past 20 years... however lessons learned by others and all that :roll:

G

The ex saw demons and ended up chucking up all over the new carpet where I was totally fine and she was an ex user of all sorts.
kv.gif

sylus":2lrqdznp said:
silverclaws":2lrqdznp said:
Skunk I think I had that once, well at least I think it was skunk, I saw dragons living in caves in mountains up above the cloud base. The ex saw demons and ended up chucking up all over the new carpet where I was totally fine and she was an ex user of all sorts..

you sure that was just the skunk?

haha thats exactly what i was thinking...it just sent me to sleep.

I think carbon dioxide helps alcohol enter your blood stream quicker....so wiskey being flat takes a while to hit........next time try it with a mixer to see if it affects you quicker ?.........then you will know if there is any difference....

...but i would like to add i don't advocate you drinking and if you choose to do so, please keep to the government recomended guide lines and drink responsibly.

greenstiles":5sg9gn57 said:
I think carbon dioxide helps alcohol enter your blood stream quicker....so wiskey being flat takes a while to hit........next time try it with a mixer to see if it affects you quicker ?
Roger O. Thornhill":5sg9gn57 said:
No. No, Mother, I have not been drinking. No. No. These two men, they poured a whole bottle of bourbon into me. No, they didn't give me a chaser.

Back