Which make is this bike?

PerB

Old School Hero
I bought two bikes this summer, from same seller, both had custom paint jobs applied to them in the early nineties, the first one is a Peugeot as the seller claimed. see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=353649

The second bike below was the sellers wife bike,the bike was a couple of years old when the bike was sent for custom paint job in maybe 91-92. There are some component on the bike with date code of 1991, if they are from the original bike or components used when the bike was rebuilt with the custom paint is hard to say.

The bike has mix of components, from Campagnolo Super Record derailleurs, head set and shifters. The brakes are Gipemme Crone special, rear hub is also Gipemme Gipemme Special and front is Campagnolo Nuevo Record type. Seat post is also Gipemme, while stem and handlebar is 3TT aero shaped. The RH crank arm is Gipemme while the let side is with a Ofmega crank and Gipemme rings. Brake levers is Shimano Ax. The bottom bracket is English tread.

There is no frame numbers or markings whatsoever on the frame, except for a Gipemme label on the brake bridge. I cant find any markings on the dropouts or the fork ends. The fork seems to be a Columbus Air type, The seat stays are also aero shaped. A special feature is the seat pinching bolt witch goes through the seat stays and is treadled into the frame.
The whole assembly weights in at 9,1 kg without pedals as it stands on the picture

Re:

Assuming your wish is to re-finish this! As such the lazy re-paint job might help you in that if you start rubbing (with T cut) the obvious banding areas (pink with blue spots/green with yellow spots) you <may> reveal logos.
<Cards on the table> I suspect this could be a Gios.

Re:

A Gios with English tread bottom bracket? I think the bottom bracket tread rule out Italian or?

And no I am not so sure I want to repaint it, its kind of cool, its not a sloppy hand paint job, this is a processional paint job for sure, specially designed by someone with weird ideas

Re:

Good point - missed that! No intention to cause any offence over the paint-job - it is distinctive and different and if you like it then that is all that matters :cool:
The shot-in seat collar is distinctive - perhaps it is of UK/Dutch/German manufacture? Good luck with the research!

Re:

I got a new lead during the weekend, It seems like the bike is a spanish Razesa Ritter bike from around 87, the front fork is later. I was out on a vintage ride during the weekend and on of the participants gave me the lead towards Spain and Zeus, aparantely Razesa made frames for Zeus aswell as own bikes. Here is a link to a catalog from Zeus where also the Razesa bikes and frames is included. http://www.equusbicycle.com/bike/zeus/zeus85/index.html

Latest posts

Back