Where to get a spare set screw for Delta brakes ?

Quigs Snr

Dirt Disciple
I have a set of top notch C Record delta callipers on my TVT... trouble is someone did a botch job on the set screw that holds the brake cable (normally its a 3.5mm grub Allen bolt thingy)... but it has been replaced with something else with a flathead screw that just can't grip the bolt.........

I don't even really know what to google and short of buying whatever the cheapest similar calliper I can find for spares.. I don't know what to do about it.

Any suggestions where I would get what I am looking for ?

Not sure.. it requires a 3.5 special campag Allen key (but of course!)... but I wonder if the width of the set screw itself is larger. I am struggling to find any info on it.

Re:

So the Allen key is 3.5mm not the bolt ?

If it is logic (not Campagnolo's greatest strength :facepalm: ) would say that it is probably a 4.5mm screw...

The required allen key size is 9/64th a call to Mercian cycles in Derby could possibly get you what you require as they seem to stock /can get most Campag parts

Quigs Snr":t4or2330 said:
but it has been replaced with something else with a flathead screw that just can't grip the bolt.........

I'm not quite sure what you mean there. The grub screw should thread into a recess in the little parallelogram and clamp down onto the cable. So has somebody replaced the grub screw with a normal screw that doesn't grip the cable properly?

There's an exploded diagram in the 1994 spare parts catalogue http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/1 ... atalog.pdf

The grub screw is BR-DE029 on the diagram, but I doubt you'll find a genuine spare part after all these years.

I have a set of deltas somewhere so I can measure the grub screw if you like.

Little Al":76ceng23 said:
The required allen key size is 9/64th a call to Mercian cycles in Derby could possibly get you what you require as they seem to stock /can get most Campag parts

As Campag stuff is metric (apart from the obvious industry standard threads) I am pretty sure that the Allen key is 3.5mm nominal, although 9/64 may well fit.
Also try Campyoldy for spares if Mercian turns up a blank.

The Allen key is available here for 74p:
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/hex-keys-sets/2352892/

Back