Catalogue Wheeler catalogues, adverts, articles and chat.

Ooh I forgot all about these should get them up, find where I put the scans.
I did one recently to get a better scan (larger platter than mine).
That's here, only E2 and rear sus version.
1993 https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1l3DWt3Ih6qLMfVXVXqrYkcZdQ0P8pAvk

Talks about 1992 so could be earlier, not tried to read it yet.
I guess it'll be the 8900 (rear sus Ti) classed as the project back in 1992
Thanks for making the scans available.
That's the catalog we have been looking for! To me and also from the portfolio matching to a 1993er buyers Guide this is 1993.

I have spend a bit of effort to cut pages and to compress and generated a PDF out of it.
This (as soon if it's approved) together with all other Wheeler catalogs are now uploaded to the new archive.

I think we do have meanwhile a nice collection of brochures online.

That is 1993 catalogue, no doubt it.

The 1992 or earlier is related to the question about an "E1",
It talks about a project bike in the 1993 catalogue, but the 8900 is the project as far as I know.
Guess I didn't make that clear.

I'm never a fan of pdf's, I only create them if I have to I prefer individual pics, as people may notice form the old archive.
Thanks for that and putting them up.
I even have the full creative suit to do it (via work).

I'll see if I can find the others or get time to rescan them if they are different I'll stick them up, no idea where I saved them.

Merged the discussion together into this thread, hence the sudden extra posts.
So all talk from the Archive Wheeler so far should lead here.

Here's a blast from the past. After purchasing this bike from a West Maui bike shop back in the late '90s out of that same wheeler catalog, I Rode this bike on the island of Maui to work everyday for 11 years. This bike spent most of its life roaming the pineapple and sugar cane fields above Lahaina and the West Maui mountains back in the late '90s through the 2000s when mountain biking was just on the rise. I was 20 years old and and I had just blew my knee out surfing giant Honolua. Recovering from that injury was difficult. I eventually went to a doctor who suggested surgery or riding a bike. I decided against surgery. I went off the deep end and became obsessed with mountain biking.
Out in West Maui, the mountains are some the most extreme mountain biking conditions you can imagine, steep, rugged, even the paved roads will eat road bikes for lunch. I remember at the time, the frame was $2,100 and the XTR grupo, campignolo tapered spoke rims, Richie logic cranks, first gen RockShock mag 20s, the titanium everything, the bike set me back like $5,000.
After about four chains, a couple of cassettes and front sprockets, multiple sets of cables, seats and all the stickers falling off, amazingly everything still works. It still shifts better than most bikes, it's quicker, faster and lighter than today's bikes although maybe a little too light and flighty for nowadays standards.
I've always had big goals of saving the frame an updating the hardware to today's standards but not quite sure if it's worth going down that rabbit hole. Unfortunately I think I may be forced to buy a new bike and this one gets hung on the wall in the man cave in a glass trophy case...

Attachments

• 17267542143458676750461130981363.jpg
    17267542143458676750461130981363.jpg
    760.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 1726754258030954448023040948516.jpg
    1726754258030954448023040948516.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 12
Here's a blast from the past. After purchasing this bike from a West Maui bike shop back in the late '90s out of that same wheeler catalog, I Rode this bike on the island of Maui to work everyday for 11 years. This bike spent most of its life roaming the pineapple and sugar cane fields above Lahaina and the West Maui mountains back in the late '90s through the 2000s when mountain biking was just on the rise. I was 20 years old and and I had just blew my knee out surfing giant Honolua. Recovering from that injury was difficult. I eventually went to a doctor who suggested surgery or riding a bike. I decided against surgery. I went off the deep end and became obsessed with mountain biking.
Out in West Maui, the mountains are some the most extreme mountain biking conditions you can imagine, steep, rugged, even the paved roads will eat road bikes for lunch. I remember at the time, the frame was $2,100 and the XTR grupo, campignolo tapered spoke rims, Richie logic cranks, first gen RockShock mag 20s, the titanium everything, the bike set me back like $5,000.
After about four chains, a couple of cassettes and front sprockets, multiple sets of cables, seats and all the stickers falling off, amazingly everything still works. It still shifts better than most bikes, it's quicker, faster and lighter than today's bikes although maybe a little too light and flighty for nowadays standards.
I've always had big goals of saving the frame an updating the hardware to today's standards but not quite sure if it's worth going down that rabbit hole. Unfortunately I think I may be forced to buy a new bike and this one gets hung on the wall in the man cave in a glass trophy case...
Now that I think about it, it was early '90s until the 2000s Time flies when you're getting old.

and sure, the 8900 is by far the whole grail of a Wheeler bike! Wheeler 8900 TI Softail aus Solo Bici Catalogo 1992 1.jpg
It was designed or even build by Kent Eriksen, that's also mentioned of the piece of the sticker at your bike above the BB.
Mike Kluge was using this for selected races.
Wheeler 8900 titanium YBB mit mike kluge 1992.JPG

Maybe you have bought back in time a frame set only, because all the ones I have seen had all an Marzocchi fork.
It was sold 92-93, to me the ones with yellow decals should be 93 models.

Last edited:
Back