Wheel builder in the North East?

Steels in Gosforth do a nice job.

I go to Jims Cycles in Bedlington for mine doing. Lovely guy, keen roadie and quite a good racer in his day. He has built up a dozen or so wheels for me now and all have been perfect and have stayed true.

His number is 01670 828464. Call him before heading up though. If the shop is quiet and the sun is shining he will be out in the hills somewhere :cool:

Si

Hi Dr S

Yeah my head instantly thought of M Steels but I don't know anyone who has used them.

There used to be a really good guy in South Shields, Norman Fay but his shop is long gone and he might even have passed away - when I was a kid he looked about 80 then!

At least with Steels they are local and if I need any comeback they should be able to assist

Ta Dr S

Dr S":30x7l8lf said:
I go to Jims Cycles in Bedlington for mine doing. Lovely guy, keen roadie and quite a good racer in his day. He has built up a dozen or so wheels for me now and all have been perfect and have stayed true.

His number is 01670 828464. Call him before heading up though. If the shop is quiet and the sun is shining he will be out in the hills somewhere :cool:

Si
I'm another one who uses Jim, great guy & knows his stuff :D Had a prob with my standard Kona CC's rear wheel snapping spokes every few months went to see Jim who replaced the dead spoke & re-tensioned & no more snapping spokes & it stopped true

Simonside resident eh.....?

whats the riding like up there? my folks now live in Rothbury but ive never been out riding there...

Latest posts

Back