What's the rarest part you own?

Vinevo":3u53sqb0 said:
Possibly this, a Campagnolo Centaur RM in the graphite colour scheme, think I have only ever seen one other.

Thats lovely :cool:

I have a NOS Record OR hubset and now a set of NOS Thorr rims that have taken me nearly two years to find...

Hotwheels.":xngtihrz said:
What's with the geometry on the Rotec, it looks to be DH biased but no suspension!??

Unfortunately I don't know what the geometry of the Rotec is, I'll have to pull it out and see what I can come up with. I've been a pac rat with mountain bike stuff for last 15 plus years and am finally looking to build up some of these bikes and get them going. What doesn't get built up will then get sold so others can get some use out of them.

Giom6":xngtihrz said:
If you ever want to shift the Z-Link forks I'll have them. Been looking for a set of those for my Explosif Pro

These took forever to find and not have to drop a fortune on. I've only seen one other pair and that was at my LBS and he wouldn't sell them. I found the whole bike for about $250 and in my size. I always wanted a Kona, preferably a 97 Hot with the green with yellow flames but wasn't in my budget back then. This project I'm hoping the get started in the next few months.

How the Explosif looked when I unboxed it.

patineto":1z3bauq9 said:
Oh man I'm been looking for one of does "antidive" fork for years, how does it ride..!?

I had one on my Dekerf when I first built it. Rode it down a set of stairs and it scared the crap out of me, and that's coming from someone who's raced on the WC DH courses at Mte. Ste. Anne and Bromont. The front wheel went every direction but straight. Pulled it off and sold it on to someone to put on a bike in their wall art collection.

This fork courtesy of Rumpfy.

9963fd31-3a62-4ce4-a672-60a7f052bca8_zps9dfb4925.jpg

ridevintagemtb":i1rwq075 said:
CCMDoc":i1rwq075 said:

Oh, ok. Because seeing as you used a plural....

(this is just my dick way of pleading to the retrobike world to stop using "forks" when referencing a fork).

;)

Fixed it. Thanks for the schoolin' ... again.

I was hoping you meant he had another one that I could sweet-talk him out of ...

CCMDoc":30lir7l6 said:
I was hoping you meant he had another one that I could sweet-talk him out of ...

He has piles of stuff he's purposely keeping secret from you. I think there's a Utterly Hilarious Keep Stuff From Paul thread somewhere.

ridevintagemtb":35zcocuw said:
CCMDoc":35zcocuw said:

He has piles of stuff he's purposely keeping secret from you. I think there's a Utterly Hilarious Keep Stuff From Paul thread somewhere.

I knew it.
He's just stringing me along.

Back