Whats the Oldest Most Retro MTB/ATB You Own ?

i have a 1993 stumpy

it's not that old but it's from before "my time" in mountain biking.

1989 Specialized Stumpjumper

stumpjumper_137.jpg

Wow KlunkerBill, two ace machines you have there. Was that B-10 picture used on the film Klunkerz?
I'm just starting to build up a '35 Excelsior into a late 70's Klunker. I might have to pick your brains.
My Second oldest is a '86 ('87 model) Cannondale.

Si

I broke all my old stuff from the late 80's early 90's so my oldest bike now is a Klein Attitude from 1992(and I've just broken the forks on that! :cry: )also got a Fat Yo from 94 and hopefully,funds allowing will be searching for something a little older fairly soon :D

Dr S":2vv5ucre said:
Wow KlunkerBill, two ace machines you have there. Was that B-10 picture used on the film Klunkerz?
I'm just starting to build up a '35 Excelsior into a late 70's Klunker. I might have to pick your brains.

Si

Ha, must have been having a blonde moment- the penny has dropped!

A warm welcome to RetroBike Billy!

Si

Weird, I posted this thread over a year ago, then suddenly there is a flurry of activity in January 2009 :shock:

Lots of nice bikes though, I like 80's bikes where skill got you over the terrain on basically just a beefed up normal bike as oppossed to the all singing and dancing built for purpose bikes of today :D

No longer got my schwinn but I still have three bikes dating from 89-90.

One day I hope to get a Schwinn again from the 80's such as a Sidewinder or another Mesa Runner.

Keep pedalling people ;)

Early 80's saracen kiliflyer
arena015-1.jpg

Mid 80's Shogun Trail breaker 2
arena020.jpg

1988 Kona Cindercone
morepictures011.jpg

Early 90's Orange Prestige
prestige040-1.jpg

97 Orange Clockwork
morepictures014.jpg

Back