What's the longest journey......

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
...... you've been on to collect some retro gear?

Just got back 10 mins ago from a trip to collect a 1991 Marin Pine Mountain from Mousemat (very, very jealous of the garage mate ;) ) in Milton Keynes. Set off at 11.30 this morning! :eek: Wouldn't have been so bad but the bike was for my mate Beavis. I just went along for the ride. :roll:

Worth it though as my friend is well chuffed with his almost unmarked 18 year old beauty. :D

So go on, own up, what's the most epic trip you lot have undertaken for some retro goodies?

Derby to Watford for a Mountain Cycle San Andreas :cool:

...Ok it's not very far... 230 miles round trip :LOL:

Ive done similar to you but in reverse & a wee bit longer too.

Went from South Oxfordshire to Chester to pickup my RC100, then since I was up' north I thought I'd leg it accross to Leeds and do a supprise visit to my folks. Then back down south again a few hours later.

(yes I had rather under estimated the distance between Chester & Leeds!)

All in all I got a nice sunday Lunch and a Pace RC100 out of it, so it was worth it!

460 mile round trip.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 4&t=h&z=11

I'd remove/alter the map if you don't want the location of your Man Cave to be known to the general public.

once picked up my Yo-Eddy in Germany (900km from my house :shock: ) after buyibg it on E-bay.
Also picked up my Salsa in Berlin.......on the way to switserland (a minor 500km detour :roll: )

Aberdeen to London for a Rocky Mountain Element - 1100 miles round trip :shock:.

Actually, I was going to a conference (work paid for the train ticket) and dropped in on my old flatmate to pick up the frame, but that doesn't sound so impressive.

went from crawley, in west sussex to Bristol to pick up a bike, got a deal on the train tickets, so only cost me £24 quid, amd popped in to see my bro

Cotswolds to scotish border to collect a LTS :D

I was so excited I didnt care!! :D

And to Preston to get a GT

hmmm to brighton for another GT

Back