what year is this Orange Clockwork??

retrogeezer

Devout Dirtbag
had this in the shed for a while too:

577381_10150815977272826_711072825_9445600_1491580441_n.jpg

I would say 93 or earlier because I think 94/95 was a solid one color, bye the way if you need the forks to match get in touch, cheshire too :)

I'll give my reasoning btw.
Decals are of the right style, thought he square lettering came in 1993 iirc.
The new style frame decal (top diamond style on seat tube) I think is 1994, before that it was the tubing manufacturers ?

It has STX cranks on it (the rings give it away) quite easily and look original to me which area 1994 component.

I also think it is a 1994 colour.
(quickly putting 'orange clockwork 1994' in google images brings up lots of this frame style, though not bothered to go in and confirm the frames :LOL:)
could well have been made in 1993 of course and still be a 1994 model.

This looks identical to my 94 Clockwork, although mine is plain black. I bought mine from new, and I'm racking my brains to try and remember if this colour was an option when I bought mine, and it's bugging me because I just can't remember.

Looks like one of the last Clockwork's from 1994 before they changed to the C16 to me due to the Orange brand tube sticker, as fluffy said. That colour was available in 1993 but the 93 frames were still Tange Infinity tubing. Always wondered if one of the real reason they stopped making the Prestige and changed the name of the Clockwork was because of the switch to own brand tubes for the steel frames (P7, C16). Can't really call the Prestige the 'Prestige' when you no longer use Tange (Prestige) steel.

Latest posts

Back