What year did Trek buy out Klein?

mk1Matt":2r0k6vma said:
clunker":2r0k6vma said:
fingers":2r0k6vma said:
IIRC did they not lose the internal cable routing when trek took over???

Nope, still internal.

The routing's external on my Attitude. Mine's a '99 I think.

yes, in 99 the Attitude had external cables.

the merger was in summer 95. the 1996 catalog already features the Pulse models with external cables but those are only prototypes still with the full gradient tubes. they did not make it into production. the 1996 production models are technically all still "true Kleins". 1997 saw more dramatic changes but in how far they are "dicated" by Trek is speculation i's say. those changes (like threaded bb shells, Vbrake ready cable exits etc.) are more market oriented and probably a first attempt to attract more customers. the real changes started with the 1999 models.

carsten

He´s incredible, isn´t he? Just kills all speculation, and closes the topic...

... a Klein walking library...

About those low-level Pulses in 1996... If you ordered one from your LBS, they would inform you that those are not available ? Of course depending on time of the year, one might already got a '97 Pulse instead...

I had a 97 attitude which had internal cables but I swaped the rock shox for rigid forks, they had Klein stamped on the drop out but thr forks looked like P2s.

Bikeshopowner":1c55jecl said:
We are a sad lot of individuals! :shock:

Yup, and it is not just bikes either. I would not own a Aston Martin not built at Newport Pagnell (though some hardcore fans still think the Feltham cars (Pre DB4) are the real thing!) :LOL:

Latest posts

Back